September 27, 2024, 10:25:36 PM

Author Topic: Here is how to BLOCK HR308  (Read 4834 times)

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Here is how to BLOCK HR308
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2016, 02:04:59 AM »

FlyingMerpa - thx for going into detail, it helps me understand the things i could put in check too. I really do enjoy the conversations and intteractions i have had on here. I am trying to chill on posting unless it has some valid content. I think for a little i need to listen more and talk less. In the end i love everyone, that truly is who i am.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2016, 02:16:21 AM »
Rock on Paul

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2016, 02:25:19 AM »

Just wanted to share this for people here that think i am a hack:

http://rockmusicstar.com/staceyblades/2013/3/28/stacey-blades.html

Read carefully

Paul, it says you're working with Stacey Blades, who was in LA Guns. That's cool, but again, not really that impressive of a name drop. He is one of TWENTY NINE former LA Guns members.

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2016, 02:57:04 AM »

Stacey can play, he can hang with a plethora of guitarists. He just chooses to stick to that style of 80's music, but in all fairness there are probably 10 million guitarists worldwide and 9,000,000 can play exceptionally well. I was told that a long time ago. So Andy Johns brought him in, in the music scene  a lot of musicians work together. Listen to his playing on our song " This is My Rifle". His phrasing and tastefulness is very good.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2016, 05:34:24 AM »
Oh man I missed this post. Thanks STPGurl! I usually logout tho and use the front page of below empty to see the most recent top five posts. It was easier to keep up with that way. But now with the takeover by the socially inept alcoholics. I just don't check that often. So I miss on topic posts and great stuff like this post.

The point is not that we don't want any single person here. Its that the off topic section was not intended to be anyones everyday ramblings page. And it seems every post by hr is made to be about himself in one way or another. Just please try to curb that bro. It absolutely has kept me and a lot of the long-term people from using this forum anymore. It would help if you could spark conversation about STP, like maybe post about your live STP experiences or what the STP album's mean to you etc. I think most people here would be more welcoming of those topics.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2016, 05:37:19 AM »
I think it's time to concede that there is nothing that will divert Paul.  He saw polls showing him at only 10% favorability.  He has been told to please stop name dropping and 'bragging', but continues to do so.  All in all, is Paul a narcissist?  Likely so.  Does he want to be loved and accepted?  Apparently so.  Is this behavior a symptom of making up for something in his past?  Probably.   Is Paul harmless?  Yes.  I think many of us here don't have a problem with Paul rocking out, showing love for STP and music.   It's not so much the content, but Paul's delivery and angle that is upsetting so many users here.

Paul is probably a swell guy to hang out with down in the Louisiana swamps, and I think hes probably a generous person.   I think we are being too judgmental on him as a human based on his odd behavior on this forum, even though it would be appreciated to just take it down a notch.

Y'all are just a bunch of haters. I've never seen Paul name call anyone, but I've seen tons of people throw vitriol in his direction. He takes the high road like a professional. So what if he posts links to articles about his music collaborations. Why not just ignore/block him and just leave it at that, creating this post is beyond pathetic.

I think you missed the point of my post.   Yes, I am pointing out the controversial things about Paul, speaking on behalf of the people who dislike him and 'why' they dislike him.  Don't confuse that with me throwing vitriol in his direction.  Ultimately I am defending Paul, because regardless of the annoying things he does on this board (apparently, that is subjective), he's a fan like the rest of us and I think if we got to know him outside this internet bulletin board, we would probably like him, even if its in small doses for some folks.  I say let Paul be Paul, because I'd bet deep down many of us are more tired of this 'clique' middle school behavior between the fans,  than we are of Paul's antics.  I'm trying to summarize what has been happening as a whole on this board to show you how silly it all is.  There are times when Paul posts stuff where he does need to be put in check, and there are times when he's putting forth a good effort and people get on his case because of earlier infractions, which isn't fair to him.  If Paul gets under one's skin so easily that they fume and their blood boils at the mentions of him, then the problem isn't with him, it's probably with them.

Lol. No I'm pretty sure YOU missed the point.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2016, 05:40:10 AM »
I think it's time to concede that there is nothing that will divert Paul.  He saw polls showing him at only 10% favorability.  He has been told to please stop name dropping and 'bragging', but continues to do so.  All in all, is Paul a narcissist?  Likely so.  Does he want to be loved and accepted?  Apparently so.  Is this behavior a symptom of making up for something in his past?  Probably.   Is Paul harmless?  Yes.  I think many of us here don't have a problem with Paul rocking out, showing love for STP and music.   It's not so much the content, but Paul's delivery and angle that is upsetting so many users here.

Paul is probably a swell guy to hang out with down in the Louisiana swamps, and I think hes probably a generous person.   I think we are being too judgmental on him as a human based on his odd behavior on this forum, even though it would be appreciated to just take it down a notch.

Y'all are just a bunch of haters. I've never seen Paul name call anyone, but I've seen tons of people throw vitriol in his direction. He takes the high road like a professional. So what if he posts links to articles about his music collaborations. Why not just ignore/block him and just leave it at that, creating this post is beyond pathetic. 

I think you have been inhaling too much of that Strickland propane. Mike Judge is a badass, it's just too bad that Idiocracy is becoming a reality and infecting this forum. Great flick tho.