September 20, 2024, 06:53:41 AM

Author Topic: Fresh Start & Upcoming Stone Temple Pilots Tribute Shows  (Read 3279 times)

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh Start & Upcoming Stone Temple Pilots Tribute Shows
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 04:44:29 AM »
@ejsme

Nah, it still isn't fixed. We never played Sex Type Thing that night.

Set was....

Crackerman
Meatplow
Vasoline
Tumble In The Rough
Trippin On A Hole In A Paper Heart
Interstate Love Song
Plush
Silvergun Superman
Piece Of Pie
Wicked Garden
Unglued
Big Bang Baby
Down

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 04:56:01 AM »
I'm impressed your guitarist has even done a good job with his gear emulating Dean's tone. 

If by chance you have a chicago show tomorrow night, let me know... I'm in town for a wedding on Fri.  :)

Pasquale works hard to chase Dean's tones. He does a really good job an overwhelming majority of the time.  Can't say Id want to play with any other guitarist. He is the guy who handles all our Hollywood Bitch Facebook stuff, so if you ever want to chat with him then that's exactly how to do it.

We don't have any shows until Oct. 29th at Mutiny.  We do have 3 more shows in total before year's end, all in Chicago.

We will probably use those shows to test different set lists and rotate songs in/out to see what works, because we probably know more songs than we'll ever have to play in a set.  There's a few Im really looking forward to performing in a live setting.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 03:54:46 PM »
STP had been trying out a couple singers a day for the past week.  Only one girl, but doesn't look like she'll be getting the gig. John Borja is one of them and he flew out recently.  They're pretty excited about him but time will tell.  I've dropped a few lines here before about information I've come across.  Can't share how I came across it though.  Just wanted to share with my favorite site
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2016, 03:55:42 PM »
STP had been trying out a couple singers a day for the past week.  Only one girl, but doesn't look like she'll be getting the gig. John Borja is one of them and he flew out recently.  They're pretty excited about him but time will tell.  I've dropped a few lines here before about information I've come across.  Can't share how I came across it though.  Just wanted to share with my favorite site

Whoops wrong thread
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2016, 03:12:21 AM »
I'm impressed your guitarist has even done a good job with his gear emulating Dean's tone. 

If by chance you have a chicago show tomorrow night, let me know... I'm in town for a wedding on Fri.  :)

Pasquale works hard to chase Dean's tones. He does a really good job an overwhelming majority of the time.  Can't say Id want to play with any other guitarist. He is the guy who handles all our Hollywood Bitch Facebook stuff, so if you ever want to chat with him then that's exactly how to do it.

We don't have any shows until Oct. 29th at Mutiny.  We do have 3 more shows in total before year's end, all in Chicago.

We will probably use those shows to test different set lists and rotate songs in/out to see what works, because we probably know more songs than we'll ever have to play in a set.  There's a few Im really looking forward to performing in a live setting.
I will definitely catch you guys sometime.  I might start working on the wife to let me sneak away some weekend to catch your band.  I'll let you know.  :)  Keep up the great work guys

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 04:15:24 PM »
If anyone is going to be in town or would like to come down on Saturday, my STP tribute band has a show at Chicago's best punk dive club, The Mutiny.  2428 n. Western Ave. It's a free show, drinks are super cheap, and it also happens to be a big costume party.

The show starts at 9:30 and we go on second.

Other artists include Mucus playing as The Cramps, Electric Sheep dressed as Game Of Thrones playing as Radiohead, Dickie Jags as Richard Hell, and Diagonal as Iggy & The Stooges.

Feel free to join us in celebrating the legacy of Stone Temple Pilots in a great atmosphere!