October 02, 2024, 01:24:32 PM

Author Topic: Worst Scott's interview  (Read 4629 times)

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Scott's interview
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 01:05:38 AM »
I did admit I didn't know everything, though that story about the STP reunion is different than both Scott and Slash's account of it.

Toxic34

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 01:37:48 AM »
I did admit I didn't know everything, though that story about the STP reunion is different than both Scott and Slash's account of it.

Much of this comes from Duff's two books and the pages written about the VR era.

Alex

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 04:31:06 PM »
Honestly, though, I am disappointed in the VR guys, who allegedly all relapsed except for Kushner, who KNEW getting into this thing the problems Scott had, and then just were over it and that was it. Someone like Duff knew better than anyone the battle, yet despite knowing what he was agreeing to, he abandoned helping Scott.

Scott ended up being a lead weight dragging the band down. After the Contraband tour, he was maneuvering to get a bigger share of royalties and talking to the STP camp about the reunion behind the backs of the others, and then when called out on it, flatly lied to their faces. Then there was his beginning to stop the shows to rant, they very thing Slash, Duff and Matt had hoped to avoid after their parting ways with Axl. The crack binge was just the straw that broke the camel's back, after a growing history of dishonesty, slimy tactics, and general off-the-rails behavior. While they had relapsed, they hadn't worked to sabotage VR and jockey for power plays the way Scott was. Unlike the Tiny Music tour cancellation, which could easily be seen as a gross overreaction, cancelling Libertad dates and having Scott pay the costs was a suitable punishment and attempt to hold him accountable. Scott, of course, just flailed and performed the hypocritical finger-pointing "you're not an angel yourself" routine to avoid responsibility for actions he and he alone had committed. There was no way to salvage VR in this form. In retrospect, it also was a huge sign that the STP reunion was going to disintegrate as well, especially with a very brief rehab, when the dates should have been postponed at least 6 months to allow for a true foundation to be built.

When was the brief rehab?

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 07:47:15 PM »
Scott was an absolute mess towards the end of VR. I can't believe he went straight into a full fledged reunion tour with STP. The Deleos had to know what kind of shape Scott was in but I guess the almighty dollar was to good to turn down.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 10:16:49 PM »
Honestly, though, I am disappointed in the VR guys, who allegedly all relapsed except for Kushner, who KNEW getting into this thing the problems Scott had, and then just were over it and that was it. Someone like Duff knew better than anyone the battle, yet despite knowing what he was agreeing to, he abandoned helping Scott.

Scott ended up being a lead weight dragging the band down. After the Contraband tour, he was maneuvering to get a bigger share of royalties and talking to the STP camp about the reunion behind the backs of the others, and then when called out on it, flatly lied to their faces. Then there was his beginning to stop the shows to rant, they very thing Slash, Duff and Matt had hoped to avoid after their parting ways with Axl. The crack binge was just the straw that broke the camel's back, after a growing history of dishonesty, slimy tactics, and general off-the-rails behavior. While they had relapsed, they hadn't worked to sabotage VR and jockey for power plays the way Scott was. Unlike the Tiny Music tour cancellation, which could easily be seen as a gross overreaction, cancelling Libertad dates and having Scott pay the costs was a suitable punishment and attempt to hold him accountable. Scott, of course, just flailed and performed the hypocritical finger-pointing "you're not an angel yourself" routine to avoid responsibility for actions he and he alone had committed. There was no way to salvage VR in this form. In retrospect, it also was a huge sign that the STP reunion was going to disintegrate as well, especially with a very brief rehab, when the dates should have been postponed at least 6 months to allow for a true foundation to be built.

When was the brief rehab?

February 2008.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 11:56:32 PM »
Well, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised he lied about all that.