June 30, 2024, 11:34:17 AM

Author Topic: Jamie and Mary  (Read 1304 times)

TooCoolQueenie

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Jamie and Mary
« on: June 10, 2016, 07:21:50 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but why does everyone seem to pit these two women against each other? I can't even go on AltNation anymore because there's one male poster who hates Mary a little too much, and a female know-it-all poster who treats Jamie like a saint and Mary like she's evil. I feel like those people don't really care about Scott's music, they just want to treat his life like it belongs in "The National Enquirer."

I didn't like Mary's letter in "Rolling Stone." I thought it was too soon, but I don't think she was completely lying. I did read her book, and it made me understand her more as a person instead of disliking her. It wasn't a big Scott bashfest like some people say.

I also don't get the logic that it's okay that Jamie sues for 64,000 and was getting 2,000 a month with a 7% increase each year, but Mary shouldn't be suing. Now, I don't think Mary deserves that in spousal, but people say it was contractual with him and Jamie, but I'm pretty sure there was a contract with Mary, too. If she was asking for too much, why didn't he go to court to get a reduction in child support? I think we know the answer.

I just feel like it's a cop out to blame Mary for all of his issues. I wasn't really old enough, or knew much about how toxic Mary was back in the day other than the clothes burning incident, but I think she get's an unfair wrap. I find Jamie really fake. A previous poster on another thread said it just seemed like Jamie was into the lifestyle, and wanted everyone to know Scott only loved her and only cared about her. Well, she should've been focusing more on his health than how other females felt about him.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 07:27:52 PM by TooCoolQueenie »

sadiej

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Jamie and Mary
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 04:40:28 AM »
Jamie basically put her photography career on hold the last couple of years to help Scott manage his career , this may explain the $2, 000 per month she was contracted to receive from him . And many feel Mary's RS article was pretty classless and self serving, so I understand why there are the strong opinions about her . But I don't really think anyone can blame Mary for what Scott became , depression , addiction, financial stress , and a string of traumatic events are all responsible.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 07:30:43 AM »
With only what we as fans know, I don't understand how anyone can get so angry at any one of the girls in Scotts life... I mean with Mary's letter I get that it was rough at the time it was posted, I even was bothered after reading it... but she was obviously probably grieving in her own ways at that point.

Like the original post says... Mary's book is actually really good. She honestly does not bash Scott. I'm ashamed, I thought to myself originally that's what it would probably be. It's actually a good read and you can grab quite a few tid bits about stp throughout their years.

Anyways...

The problem is, fans read or hear a couple things about a subject and then all the sudden they are sure of themselves they know the whole damn story better than the individuals it's about... I honestly never get that shit when it comes to people keeping up with tabloids and tmz...

I don't know Mary, Scott, or Jamie... Therefore I have no fucking clue as to what their personal incomes were/are... Who had what arguments about possibly doing or not doing laundry on certain occasions...

Here's what I know... The music Scott Weiland created and helped create is pretty awesome.

TooCoolQueenie

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 08:13:12 PM »
With only what we as fans know, I don't understand how anyone can get so angry at any one of the girls in Scotts life... I mean with Mary's letter I get that it was rough at the time it was posted, I even was bothered after reading it... but she was obviously probably grieving in her own ways at that point.

Like the original post says... Mary's book is actually really good. She honestly does not bash Scott. I'm ashamed, I thought to myself originally that's what it would probably be. It's actually a good read and you can grab quite a few tid bits about stp throughout their years.

Anyways...

The problem is, fans read or hear a couple things about a subject and then all the sudden they are sure of themselves they know the whole damn story better than the individuals it's about... I honestly never get that shit when it comes to people keeping up with tabloids and tmz...

I don't know Mary, Scott, or Jamie... Therefore I have no fucking clue as to what their personal incomes were/are... Who had what arguments about possibly doing or not doing laundry on certain occasions...

Here's what I know... The music Scott Weiland created and helped create is pretty awesome.

Yeah, I don't get the people who think Mary's letter was just a way to get back at Scott to paint him badly. There was probably some truth to it.

About TMZ, I agree. It happens on AltNation, too. This one guy was saying Mary just hates Jamie because she's hotter than Mary. It's like are you serious? I'm sure their issues go deeper than looks. He also Paz was hot. It's like if you need to chase after the ex girlfriend and widow of a dead man, go find a chick in real life!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 08:16:07 PM by TooCoolQueenie »