October 01, 2024, 06:32:25 PM

Author Topic: Great Band, Arrogant Fan  (Read 2623 times)

Hr308

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Great Band, Arrogant Fan
« on: March 16, 2016, 02:19:54 AM »
Listen people no one would ever want to fron STP with your arrogance towards the submissions. Scott is gone and rest his soul, but this i can guarantee not a single person who has the pipes, songwriting capabilities or persona is going to feel comfortable fronting this band. You all seem stuck in the past instead of what the future holds. Who really cares what's in the past because if they were so stuck on that venture they would have snagged a Scotty clone. Look towards the future instead of knocking every singer who has busted their ass to please you. Remember a lot of these musicians do it for the fans, because the money isn't all that fucking good. Just go forward. Plus if you saw the last few shows of the Wildabouts like I did you would have fucking punched Scott in the throat for distespecting himself and his music and legacy. You want a fight bring it, because most of you were shitying yellow when this band recorded " Core". This could have been nice, but a few of you have torn into Toryn and Brett and a lot of singers like Paul Christiana who have already recorded and played with legends.

The Legacy

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Great Band, Arrogant Fan
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 03:23:25 AM »
Fuck off

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 03:31:26 AM »
BRO....

HipsLikeCinderella

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 08:13:01 AM »
Well if punching a mentally ill drug addict who happened to be the former frontman of your favourite band in the throat means you're a real fan, by all means...

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 02:08:00 PM »
Listen people no one would ever want to fron STP with your arrogance towards the submissions. Scott is gone and rest his soul, but this i can guarantee not a single person who has the pipes, songwriting capabilities or persona is going to feel comfortable fronting this band. You all seem stuck in the past instead of what the future holds. Who really cares what's in the past because if they were so stuck on that venture they would have snagged a Scotty clone. Look towards the future instead of knocking every singer who has busted their ass to please you. Remember a lot of these musicians do it for the fans, because the money isn't all that fucking good. Just go forward. Plus if you saw the last few shows of the Wildabouts like I did you would have fucking punched Scott in the throat for distespecting himself and his music and legacy. You want a fight bring it, because most of you were shitying yellow when this band recorded " Core". This could have been nice, but a few of you have torn into Toryn and Brett and a lot of singers like Paul Christiana who have already recorded and played with legends.

You come here and post 10 posts, 8 of which are links to Paul Christiana videos, and one of which is this pathetic rant. Unlike Toryn Green, who had the self-respect to come here himself and speak sincerely in the face of criticism, you drop this insulting rant on the STP fans here after not getting the reaction you wanted after spamming us with your shitty videos.

Seriously, fuck right off and please don't come back.

Scott4ever

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 02:50:36 PM »

You come here and post 10 posts, 8 of which are links to Paul Christiana videos, and one of which is this pathetic rant. Unlike Toryn Green, who had the self-respect to come here himself and speak sincerely in the face of criticism, you drop this insulting rant on the STP fans here after not getting the reaction you wanted after spamming us with your shitty videos.

Spot on!
I knew the questions, but I lost the answers...
STP:  July 2, 1994 (cancelled)/September 4, 1994/November 20, 1996/May 5, 1997/July 26, 2000/December 31, 2001/October 8, 2002/August 22, 2008 (cancelled)
VR:  December 8, 2004/May 24, 2005/September 6, 2005/October 6, 2007
Scott Weiland and The Wildabouts:  March 6, 2015

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 02:59:34 PM »
What the fuck is this... you have been registered for three days, and you're telling us what we were "shitying" back when Core was released...

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 03:08:54 PM »
I don’t want to add fuel to the fire, but for what it’s worth, I know a guy that “jammed/auditioned” with the boys in LA. I’m not saying he got offered the position but he did say that while he'd love to work with the band, he has no interest in replacing Scott in STP. He’d love to do something under a different name. Fronting STP comes with the preset baggage that the fan-base will be highly critical of anyone that comes in to sing for this band. He added, this ‘apprehension’ is shared by a handful of others that have also auditioned. And quite honestly, it makes perfect sense. We can use Chester’s experience as a point of reference.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

villain612

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 03:46:25 PM »

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 04:00:21 PM »

It's funny how people react to the critiques on this site as if the members of this board are the ones who will be selecting the singer. Get a clue...This is an internet message board filled with opinions., some of them quite humorous if you ask me. This site is a grain of sand in the sandbox. I mean really dude? You're gonna be THAT butt hurt about it?  Your issue here isn't your opinion of this Paul Christiana guy.....  We all have opinions. Your issue is people don't like what you're saying because of your approach. You sign up for this board a few days ago and based upon the content of your posts it almost looks like you're employed by this guy planting posts to advertise his name. No one wants to see that from anyone. There's a difference between making your submission and having your name naturally come up in conversation by the listeners who have something good or bad to say; versus spamming us with posts to promote someone's name.

Then to come here and want to preach to us about living in the past and about knocking every singer who tries to please us fans..... Guess what? Any singer who is getting knocked ISN'T pleasing us. If someone was pleasing us they wouldn't be getting knocked.

CoconutBackwards

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 10:12:53 PM »

I don't know what made this guy think this was a good idea.
Hr308: "Cuatro, i nearly did this because 5 g's is nothing to me."

Vaporized - "I can confirm that it's neither Gutt or Borja."

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 10:34:08 PM »
That was a moronic way to get a point across. But, yeah it is going to take a humble confident person to front this band and let stuff roll off their back. STP is something special so the person fronting the band needs to have all the elements of a great front man period and come without their own baggage. Anyone not wanting to front the band because of what comes with it is obviously the wrong person.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 01:06:26 AM »
That was a moronic way to get a point across. But, yeah it is going to take a humble confident person to front this band and let stuff roll off their back. STP is something special so the person fronting the band needs to have all the elements of a great front man period and come without their own baggage. Anyone not wanting to front the band because of what comes with it is obviously the wrong person.

It all comes with the job man. Scott had deal with being labeled an Eddie Vedder wannabe, then he had to deal with being labelled a junkie and scrutinized for every little mistake he made... And then in the end, when his sobriety truly failed, he had to deal with criticism for the decline in quality of his performances. Regardless of if he was at his best or his worst, Scott dealt with pressure and criticism literally his entire fucking life.

And of course Chester had to deal with the pressure of stepping into Scott shoes. He clearly managed the criticism well, and if it weren't for commitments with LP I have absolutely no doubt he would still be in the band, regardless of what any disgruntled fans said.

The point is, don't audition for this job if you can't handle rampant criticism. Scott dealt with it, Chester dealt with it... it comes with the damn job.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:09:56 AM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...