October 01, 2024, 12:19:30 PM

Author Topic: I sound nothing like Weiland  (Read 2072 times)

leeb

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
I sound nothing like Weiland
« on: February 17, 2016, 07:26:05 PM »
But I'm giving it a shot and sent in some recordings. I'm just curious what people think. I'm sorry if this isn't an okay place to post this. I looked around a bit. Even if you hate it, I'm still curious. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eySnVWM2--0&list=PL6XAgKA2wY8EwMt62f4LZq1z2OaoNjS4a

If this isn't okay to post I will immediately remove it. I was trying to find a place on here where people were sharing their auditions, but I didn't see one.

seattlesound

• Sky Captain
  • If night was longer, could I escape the day?
    • View Profile
Re: I sound nothing like Weiland
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 07:35:20 PM »
Welcome to the forums, nice job with your audition  8)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 08:17:25 PM »
Go with this guy if you have to go with anybody. Way better than Chester, like I said.
Bleeda blooda

leeb

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 01:46:54 AM »
Thanks  ;D

I have no belief at all I'm the guy though. I truly think they'll go with people that sounds more like Weiland than not. But I still appreciate anyone checking it out.

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 04:19:56 PM »
Dude... nice! MUCH better than the handful of other auditions I've seen. Nice tone. You sound enough like Weiland without sounding like an impersonator and you have your own sound in there too. And you don't have the nasally whininess that some of the others have. And you don't look like an Ed Hardy wearing d-bag either. At the very least, you should post some of your other music here for us to check out!

Xylonjay

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 04:32:56 PM »
Nice work!

leeb

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 01:51:00 AM »
Thanks!

I've been a part of bands playing bass or guitar and backup vocals, but never as a lead singer. I've started working on my own music though, which I've been demoing on and off for a long time now. I work in a recording studio and tend to have a really busy schedule. Trying to find time for myself is difficult, so my progress has been pretty slow haha. But I appreciate the interest!