September 30, 2024, 04:31:44 PM

Author Topic: chester departure STP new singer  (Read 1886 times)

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
chester departure STP new singer
« on: February 01, 2016, 05:02:13 AM »
I just read this article w Chesters departure but It's the Only place that I saw any mention of STP having new music and they are having a vocalist search http://diffuser.fm/stone-temple-pilots-confirm-chester-benningtons-departure-reveal-they-have-written-new-music/.

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: chester departure STP new singer
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 10:12:15 AM »
Anything they said before Scott died is now irrelevant. It doesn't matter if they said they were looking for a singer then, they probably have other things to think about right now.

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 11:11:10 PM »
I don't believe that at all. I think things may be on a temporary hold but I doubt they won't move on.

RhettButler

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 03:44:38 AM »
I liked the EP they did with Chester and  the live shows I saw. At this point, however, I feel it would be a mistake  to continue with a third singer and they really should retire the name. But I would like to see more music from the Deleo  brothers and Kretz.

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 06:31:50 AM »
I feel bringing Chester Back would be best and touring with Linkin Park with the new songs they recorded would make the most sense at this point. I feel he captured the essence of STP the best out of all the guys they have worked with in other bands even if they where not trying to do so with other projects. Just my 2 cents