September 22, 2024, 09:25:04 PM

Author Topic: My thoughts...  (Read 2081 times)

capman415

• Arrival
    • View Profile
My thoughts...
« on: January 18, 2016, 02:55:40 AM »
So I've been on a stone temple pilots research kick since Scott died, I have watched countless videos and read a novels worth of articles. I have been saturated in stp. Tonight while watching the 2010 new York show, I got bummed out like always since Dec. I thought about the Deleos and remembered how much I loved Army of Anyone. I went and watched a performance of Goodbye. man was it a great. AOA just has a sound that is to me a lot more uplifting than stp. Basically please make Army of Anyone II. Richard can really hit those notes. He sounds so clear.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: My thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 03:01:48 AM »
Dick Pat has a great voice, but his words and melodies are mostly hit and miss. Good songwiriter though. Father Figure is one of the top songs on that AOA album.

He lost his edge though in his older age. Those first 3 Filter albums are all sorts of kickass. Wish he could have worked with the DeLeos back then....

Would definitely prefer Army Of Anyone over what could only be considered STPoop if they decide to continue the band that is no longer just metaphorically dead.
Bleeda blooda

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 06:27:07 PM »
Totally in agreement.

Also, I love the idea of naming the album "Army of Anyone II", which would bring much needed attention back to the first album, which is criminally underrated and follows in the traditions of Led Zep, Queen, and Van Halen.

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 09:46:12 PM »
Id be game for an AOAII
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

capman415

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 01:09:44 AM »
I have been calling it Army of Anyone II for a while now. It would be awesome if it happens.

leocal79

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 01:34:04 AM »
I am totally on Board. I don't think the band should remain dormant very long. I believe something should be released for 2016 even if its just a small EP to wet the Palate. I am sure Richard Patrick can make time for 3-4 songs as a precursor for next year

psyche

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 02:37:11 AM »
Yes Army of Anyone II sounds awesome.  Talk Show II would be cool.