July 05, 2024, 04:16:28 PM

Author Topic: Does Scott need an extended vacation from music?  (Read 4580 times)

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
Re: Does Scott need an extended vacation from music?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 01:20:57 AM »

Strat

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 07:59:17 PM »
Has anybody seen this?
https://youtu.be/7r_bwXEoMS4?t=202

Wow. Had not seen that. I think it was at the Paramount on Long Island

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 08:18:38 PM »
Has anybody seen this?
https://youtu.be/7r_bwXEoMS4?t=202

Wow. Had not seen that. I think it was at the Paramount on Long Island

Hahaha I'd never seen the video at where it starts.  That's straight up silliness and not in a good way
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

KingSnake

• Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitestripes.net
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 10:02:27 PM »
I hope he gets help soon or I fear we might wake up to some sad/bad news concerning Weiland.  I wont rehash whats already been stated in this (somewhat older) thread but he just has that dead eyed look in pictures and in general.  He just seems like he is going through the motions, especially up on stage.  He seems out of it and bored.  I know all rock stars get older and have to change their stage presence, etc, but he does not seem healthy one bit.
My web community: WhiteStripes.net (13 years old as of Feb 2015)

KingSnake

• Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 07:21:38 AM »
I hope he gets help soon or I fear we might wake up to some sad/bad news concerning Weiland.  I wont rehash whats already been stated in this (somewhat older) thread but he just has that dead eyed look in pictures and in general.  He just seems like he is going through the motions, especially up on stage.  He seems out of it and bored.  I know all rock stars get older and have to change their stage presence, etc, but he does not seem healthy one bit.

How did I see this...we all see this, yet those close to him appeared to do nothing!?  Well, outside of continuing to prop him up on stage like Bernie....from Weekend at Bernie's....

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2015, 09:21:19 AM »
I think most of us know now, Scott never really wanted help. He had every opportunity under the Sun time and time and time and time again. Sometimes the truth hurts. You think nobody tried, think again. Scott made his group of misfit druggies that would help him stay high. And he chose them over getting sober and being with STP. Such a smart man, so many stupid mistakes.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2015, 03:17:48 PM »

How did I see this...we all see this, yet those close to him appeared to do nothing!?  Well, outside of continuing to prop him up on stage like Bernie....from Weekend at Bernie's....

Hello, old friend. ❤️

My husband said the EXACT same thing re: Weekend at Bernies. The exact same thing.

It's super easy to point fingers and lay blame. Unfortunately, Scott was the only person responsible for himself. I'm not going to lie - blaming Tommy and Jamie is easy and makes me feel better. That being said, I know (deep down) it's not anyone's fault and Scott made his own choices.

I'm assuming Jamie truly didn't see it. If that was me? My husband? And I saw that? I would DRAG his drunk/stoned ass home with me and cancelled the tour myself. I have to think she (or anyone) would do the same. She must have never seen it - making her a victim as well.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »
Wasn't Scott sick before the Toronto Show?  That could have been a contributing factor.  It's not like He was healthy and w/ what was already happening to him the flu could have been the thing that overloaded his weak system.
Why didn't they take him to the Hospital? So many signs.  How can you not question it

8) :-* :'(
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:36:07 PM by Westenn »
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

KingSnake

• Cardinal
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2015, 02:11:07 AM »

Hello, old friend. ❤️

My husband said the EXACT same thing re: Weekend at Bernies. The exact same thing.

It's super easy to point fingers and lay blame. Unfortunately, Scott was the only person responsible for himself. I'm not going to lie - blaming Tommy and Jamie is easy and makes me feel better. That being said, I know (deep down) it's not anyone's fault and Scott made his own choices.

I'm assuming Jamie truly didn't see it. If that was me? My husband? And I saw that? I would DRAG his drunk/stoned ass home with me and cancelled the tour myself. I have to think she (or anyone) would do the same. She must have never seen it - making her a victim as well.

Hello again to you, my friend! 😀

At least he's finally at peace. He seemed so broken lately, even though he was saying all the right things in interviews, he sure didn't look like he was having any fun out there. :(

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2015, 02:23:12 AM »

Hello, old friend. ❤️

I don't know Jamie so this is just conjecture based on my own experiences, but what I do know is wives can easily be fooled by their husbands' lies about addiction.  I've seen it first hand.

I just wish Scott hadn't been on the road so much.  I suggested him the acoustic touring idea because he would have been able to charge more for tickets and have less overhead by only having to bring along a guitarist.  He could have made more money on that business model and been at home far more.  So many what if's.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2015, 02:46:30 AM »
I would've loved an acoustic set by Scotty.
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin