September 20, 2024, 01:52:28 AM

Author Topic: STP Reacts To Scott's Death  (Read 2905 times)

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STP Reacts To Scott's Death
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 12:47:13 AM »
I just wish they would've reached out to him and told him this while he was still alive. Life is short. Never take tomorrow for granted.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 02:29:02 AM »
I posted this in the other thread but probably more relevant here -

A nice but short statement. Dean in particular must be feeling pretty bad after all the harsh words he had about Scott in every interview this year, calling him 'a fucking mess' and I recall he also said that comparing Scott to Chester is like comparing a baby to a bodybuilder. I realise they were going through their lawsuit and problems but I remember thinking that saying that shit wasn't cool and words can often come back to haunt you. Life is too short. I wish they all could have reconciled before it came to this.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Westenn

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 03:33:21 AM »
I have 2 say that I did not want 2 believe that Scott passed away even tho' I saw it all day, read about it & PPL told Me or posted "I thought about U" when they heard...After reading this, it became the Truth & I lost it...I almost hyperventilated...Like I posted on my FB that I always felt a deep soul connection w/ Him...I didn't need 2 meet Him it ran that deep, like We already knew each other...I took 4 granted that I would always meet Him & I did when He signed His book, but I never really counted that cuz We didn't formally introduce ourselves & they were moving U like cattle so U really didn't have the chance...I will hold off on what I want 2 "say" 2 Scott cuz I'm about 2 lose it...

It was really hard 2 keep it 2gether all day & now as I sit in my apt.  I have 2 use this opportunity between losing it & gaining control back 2 say something...I can't go on FB cuz it tortures Me right now & while this site is self-torture at least I'm w/ PPL who feel the same pain so it helps...I played Adhesive, Wonderful & Still Remains...I lost it...I knew Scott thru His words & that's why it hurts 2 know He's gone cuz He was like a best friend/lover of the Spiritual Kind & that is rare 2 find...I fkn Love that Guy...He was sooo Awesome...

8) :-*
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 03:36:33 AM by Westenn »
And I Got U 2 Paint the Roses on My Grave

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 12:58:28 PM »
I have 2 say that I did not want 2 believe that Scott passed away even tho' I saw it all day, read about it & PPL told Me or posted "I thought about U" when they heard...After reading this, it became the Truth & I lost it...I almost hyperventilated...Like I posted on my FB that I always felt a deep soul connection w/ Him...I didn't need 2 meet Him it ran that deep, like We already knew each other...I took 4 granted that I would always meet Him & I did when He signed His book, but I never really counted that cuz We didn't formally introduce ourselves & they were moving U like cattle so U really didn't have the chance...I will hold off on what I want 2 "say" 2 Scott cuz I'm about 2 lose it...

It was really hard 2 keep it 2gether all day & now as I sit in my apt.  I have 2 use this opportunity between losing it & gaining control back 2 say something...I can't go on FB cuz it tortures Me right now & while this site is self-torture at least I'm w/ PPL who feel the same pain so it helps...I played Adhesive, Wonderful & Still Remains...I lost it...I knew Scott thru His words & that's why it hurts 2 know He's gone cuz He was like a best friend/lover of the Spiritual Kind & that is rare 2 find...I fkn Love that Guy...He was sooo Awesome...

8) :-*

That is so touching and well written (apart from the 2s that make it a bit tough for me to read for some reason lol)
But you are right - this is self-torture but it is really helpful to me to be here with you guys.  I've been feeling angry on FB when my friends randomly post the stories if his death, because I want to scream "you weren't even fans, this is just a news story for you!" whereas for us, it's almost life altering, it's a shift in the picture, it's when everything that we know becomes slightly skewed forever, it's when all those songs now become painful to listen to. And I know I shouldn't quantify or diminish anyones grief, but for us here....well, it's comforting to know that none of us got a peacefull nights sleep last night.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

pakurt

• Flight Attendant
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 03:03:23 PM »

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 03:43:04 PM »
Is it me or does Scott seem pretty normal in this interview? He answered the questions well without stammering and sounded lucid. It's so heartbreaking to know that he had hopes of getting back with STP. The question for Dean, Robert and Eric would be if they think could've over time brought Scott back in the band. If there answer is "yes" then it's even more heartbreaking to think about.

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 04:28:35 PM »
I agree, Dean is probably going to take this the hardest.  We know fully well about the tension specifically between Scott and Dean.  STP aside, Scott's death and the fact that these two couldn't patch things up as people who were significant in each others lives is going to eat away at Dean for life.  It may just be in the back of his mind, but it will be there, I assure you of that.

Aylin

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Whadayawannano?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 05:33:02 PM »
Is it me or does Scott seem pretty normal in this interview? He answered the questions well without stammering and sounded lucid. It's so heartbreaking to know that he had hopes of getting back with STP. The question for Dean, Robert and Eric would be if they think could've over time brought Scott back in the band. If there answer is "yes" then it's even more heartbreaking to think about.
He looks and sounds great in this interviews - funny and thoughtful and quick. Oh how very sad that he still had so much to live for 😢
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 06:00:30 PM »
It must be hard for them. They pretty much spent the last 25 years with a front row seat watching Scott wither away under addiction, until their only choices were to either keep going until he died or cut ties with him.

I know Dean's had a lot of really harsh words, and he could have put things way more civilly, but the truth is clear that Weiland had succumbed to addiction for a while. It was more important to him than his music, his legacy, his fans, his bandmates, or his family. That's fucking tragic and sad. I'm sure Dean feels terrible that he said things so harshly, but probably feels worse that those things were accurate.

And I again apologize for my own harshness on this site, but it was always because I felt like Scott had just given up. By all rights, Scott should still be alive, still with STP, performing at least at the level he was in mid-08. It all comes down to choices, and everyday finding the reasons to not pick up the bottle or the needle or the pipe. I guess Weiland couldn't find those reasons. Even after Michael and Jeremy.

It's just so goddamn sad.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 06:03:01 PM by Blue »
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 06:13:29 PM »
Last interview (for now)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBUpmegV_SE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ComxFAagceo

^^^^So these interviews were recorded a day apart? Hard to believe. You can see in the one I linked above he's wearing the same clothes as he was in those pictures from the bar with the mechanical bull he was at on 12/1, and the other one claims to be recorded 12/2 right before the Adelaide show.

So deflating to see how much better he was when off the junk. It's night and day.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 06:58:26 PM »
Last interview (for now)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBUpmegV_SE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ComxFAagceo

^^^^So these interviews were recorded a day apart? Hard to believe. You can see in the one I linked above he's wearing the same clothes as he was in those pictures from the bar with the mechanical bull he was at on 12/1, and the other one claims to be recorded 12/2 right before the Adelaide show.

So deflating to see how much better he was when off the junk. It's night and day.

He seemed to be in good spirits during the one from the night before, it made me smile when he said he wouldn't play any music during a zombie apocalypse because it would attract more zombies! It was nice to see him crack a joke and smile. In every other interview I've seen or heard from the last few weeks he appears to be completely lost, barely coherent and uninterested. By far the most disturbing of the 'last interviews' though is this radio interview recorded while Scott was in Penysylvania. He sounds completely out of it. I'm not sure if he'd just woken up and was hungover or something or wether there's more to it but he quite clearly does NOT want to be doing the interview and mainly responds with delayed one word answers -

http://youtu.be/BUZVi8la_6c
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 08:20:08 PM »
Im hoping to hear something more from the guys, maybe individually,  especially from Rob as he has a twitter account
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"