September 27, 2024, 06:17:59 PM

Author Topic: Concert Reviews (non STP)  (Read 50518 times)

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Concert Reviews (non STP)
« Reply #330 on: October 12, 2015, 04:22:01 PM »
Foster the People were on the main stage and they sounded good, too.  Not good enough for me to buy any of their music but overall good. 
They're actually very good albums.  You might be surprised.  The first album (Torches) is a little more electronic/keyboard based with the second (Supermodel) being more guitar-based.  Of course its a widely different sound than say STP, but for a pop/rock/alternative its really good music, IMO.  Might check out their song Beginners Guide to Destroying the Moon- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSOv2PtPyHg.  One of their more rocker type songs (great song, but not one of their best live)... amazing outro. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:23:32 PM by Aaron »

Down-Plush

• Chameleon
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sing the song, or keep it inside.
    • View Profile
    • My bandcamp
Re: Concert Reviews (non STP)
« Reply #331 on: October 12, 2015, 05:21:58 PM »
Foster the People were on the main stage and they sounded good, too.  Not good enough for me to buy any of their music but overall good. 
They're actually very good albums.  You might be surprised.  The first album (Torches) is a little more electronic/keyboard based with the second (Supermodel) being more guitar-based.  Of course its a widely different sound than say STP, but for a pop/rock/alternative its really good music, IMO.  Might check out their song Beginners Guide to Destroying the Moon- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSOv2PtPyHg.  One of their more rocker type songs (great song, but not one of their best live)... amazing outro.
If I can add a counter view here, I've found their singles to be strongest of anything on their records. Their singles are typically very good, but I find the album's extremely disappointing in comparison. I wouldn't see them live either, truth be told. Supermodel is the better of the two albums they've released, but like so many modern bands out there, the full album doesn't always bode well.