September 29, 2024, 07:26:42 PM

Author Topic: Got my pledgemusic...  (Read 18310 times)

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Got my pledgemusic...
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2015, 07:28:40 PM »
Scott really lived up to his reputation on this thing. Releasing the digital copy only after a ton of complaining, when every other band gave out the digital copy on the release date. Like most people on there I got a refund, so basically, Scott gave away a digital copy of the album for free, while at the same time pissing off the few fans he has left. The guy is a genius.

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2015, 08:10:18 PM »
Scott is an extraordinary rock singer, but he is just unreliable and has been for a very long time.

I don't buy for a second that PledgeMusic or Scott's management are any part of the bottleneck here -- if Scott truly wanted these items signed and delivered within a reasonable time, he could have made it happen.

I don't think he does it to spite the fans. He has said some rude shit to fans, but he's also said lots of genuine, sincere things. He looked me in the face once, smiled, and said "thank you" after I said STP was the greatest band in the world at a meet n' greet.

I just think he is so wrapped up in his own world right now -- a witch's brew of rockstar ego, tortured artist attitude, bipolar, medications, drugs/booze (and/or the repercussions of years of them), divorce, fatherhood, and a need to keep working in a rewarding but grueling and unforgiving industry that keeps him on the road most of the time -- that things like this are not near the top of his priority list.

I'm not defending him for this -- he committed to the PledgeMusic thing and should have kept up his end of the deal. Just don't act surprised that this is happening.

DumbLove

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2015, 08:21:46 PM »
No surprise here as I'm a long time fan and well aware of his behavior.  If anything, it's more bewilderment since he claims he needs the money.  I can't see many more people wanting to do the meet-and-greets after that shitshow, and now after this, crowd-funding will dry up as well.  For a guy who is trying to reestablish and build up his fan base, it seems that he's constantly pushing people away.  It's stuff like this that makes it clear why Slash wants nothing to do with a VR reunion.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2015, 09:36:20 PM »
I wonder if anyone bought the laser tag pledge? at the rate he moves he won't be a hard target to hit.

PigsinZen

• Hickory Dichotomy
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Superman with Silvergun
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2015, 09:45:55 PM »
I wonder if anyone bought the laser tag pledge? at the rate he moves he won't be a hard target to hit.

I Lol'd. I've been wondering if anybody around him ever says "speed it up Scotty", "I'd like to be there by tomorrow", or any other saracstic remarks revolving around him moving so slow.

Out of all the behaviors that have changed with Scott, his recent slow movements concern me the most.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2015, 10:35:12 PM »

A+. Now that was funny.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2015, 04:16:25 PM »
Scott really lived up to his reputation on this thing. Releasing the digital copy only after a ton of complaining, when every other band gave out the digital copy on the release date. Like most people on there I got a refund, so basically, Scott gave away a digital copy of the album for free, while at the same time pissing off the few fans he has left. The guy is a genius.

The digital download was available the day it was released.  I remember downloading it that day.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2015, 04:29:51 PM »
It was the day after, they originally didn't include it with the CD and vinyl purchases, you only got it on release date if you ordered the digital download. When people started kicking up a fuss they changed their minds and gave it to all pledgers. It's all there in the comments section.

It was only one day though.

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2015, 09:50:43 PM »
every other band on there gave away a digital copy the day of release, a pledge thing i was a part of in the past gave it out the day before the release date. the fact a big fuss had to be raised just shows scotts camp had no intention of giving out the digital copy. just imagine the shit storm that would be going on right now if people weren't given the digital copy, they'd still have nothing 3 months after it came out.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:03:23 PM by foou33 »

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2015, 03:35:20 AM »
I had my digital copy on release day.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2015, 05:32:21 PM »
I had my digital copy on release day.

Same here.