September 30, 2024, 01:34:28 PM

Author Topic: What are your favorite tunes off Blaster?  (Read 6073 times)

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: What are your favorite tunes off Blaster?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2015, 07:20:07 PM »
I am so loving this album!

My favorites are TWSM, Blue Eyes (my 3-yr-olds favorite), Beach Pop (Aaron, you're cray), and my two favorites -- Hotel Rio and Youth Quake

I had a feeling that comment might grab a response from you! 

I do love the album too.  Despite all the discussion around Scott I think we can all agree that he can still write a killer melody.  I couldnt possibly love the chorus of Hotel Rio any more and I swear that Jeremy is speaking to me from beyond in his Amethyst solo.  I still get chills from it (although I think the last 4 bars could have ended the solo a touch better... just me nitpicking).

On a related note, my 2.5yr old son (who mostly hates everything I listen to in the car) absolutely LOVES "Circles" and requests it by name (repeatedly) almost every time we get in the car.  Then when the guitar starts he says "I like that song".  I'm planning on raising a musician!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2015, 12:52:28 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we usually tend to agree which are the best songs in an album (Scott related), we all love Atlanta for instance, and don't remember anyone saying they are not into, let's say, Divider.

Here, in this case, there's a lot of discrepancy.

Well... that's it, something that brought my attention that means absolutely nothing
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

peteswell

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2015, 09:46:17 PM »
I actually could see Amethyst being popular on rock radio.  My favorite on the album is Hotel Rio followed by Parachute and Modzilla.  Every song is solid in my opinion.