October 02, 2024, 01:36:25 PM

Author Topic: Chester Bennington on Joining STP: "We Definitely Need to Prove Oursleves."  (Read 9347 times)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: Chester Bennington on Joining STP: "We Definitely Need to Prove Oursleves."
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2013, 04:22:20 AM »

I dig Chester.  And the whole fucking universe knows Scott's got problems.  I'm just not into settling for karaoke.  You want to spend your time and money on the product that's being served up, it's a free country.  But I will not.  I'd much rather here some new music than 1.5 hours of karaoke.  I get the curiosity, but at some point these guys will have to stand on their own.  I realize that it's not today, but it will come.  And the new EP sucks the life out of a room, it's just not good music IMO.  Thus, I'm concluding they'll be back singing music Scott wrote just like they always do.     

At this point, I'd rather listen to STP-lite than Scott and the Wonderfucks butchering STP classics. If you want to consider what they are doing with Chester STP karaoke, then I would consider Scott playing with a cover band, and a shitty one at that.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

DeadandTrippin92

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2013, 04:29:18 AM »
Welp, they've  just proved that they can't make an EP nor keep people from leaving their shows early ( according to recent articles that are surfacing )

They can only go up from here!

LPAssociationDerek

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2013, 04:51:52 AM »
LONG POST AHEAD AND I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR THE RANT:

I'm coming in this thread to rant after reading not one, not two, but three very immature threads concerning Chester.

I gotta say it's getting more and more difficult to justify staying here and keep making posts when people keep being immature about this whole thing, and keep coming up with ridiculous reasons to defend Scott [and trash Chester] despite this entire ordeal practically being Scott's fault.

I know it's difficult for people to accept anybody else than Scott in the role; but we're talking about a guy here who has had well documented struggles with drug and/or alcohol addiction and who's bad relationship with the band was documented long before he was fired in February. We're talking about a band here who wasn't firing on all cylinders for over half a decade (due to inner turmoil) and who's attempt to come back (S/T) didn't even pan out because Weiland kept showing up late to shows in 2011-2012, giving performances were a shadow of his former glory.

I'm gathering from the highly immature posts I've read by some of the people on here, that they would've much rather just had the band be miserable for the rest of their careers just so glorious Scott could continue to wreck Interstate Love Song live like he did earlier this month, and struggle to remember where he is on stage or be drunk every night. That's really nice.

Like I said a few days ago, I was a STP fan for over 10 years before Linkin Park even came on my radar. But I've also been a fan of Linkin Park for 13 years (STP for 20, LP for 13). Because of this I attempted to try and reach out an olive branch to the STP fans on here when it was first announced Chester was taking over, because I knew it would be tough for others to swallow. And for the most part? People have been awesome. There's a lot of great fans on here who are giving Chester the fair shot he deserves, and who didn't trash him or resign to hating him before High Rise even got leaked.

But there's also a lot of immature people here who attack anyone who appreciates Linkin Park/CheSTP and call us "DeLeo brothers ball suckers" for supporting the remaining STP members for wanting to move on without Scott. People forget it wasn't just one person in the band who decided to move on and the rest followed suit. No it was all three. All three have expressed they were done dealing with Scott, so they did what it took to make them happy again which is what they deserve. They didn't have to kiss Scott's feet and bow before him because he was their lead singer. He screwed them over too many times (and the fans too by not showing up on time and giving bad performances) and STP did what any band would be in the right to do, they fired him.

Do you get to keep your job at work when you slack off and don't do what's expected of you? No. You get fired.

You'd think it would be easy for some people to understand that, but as I've seen on these boards lately it's apparently not. I've seen people like Brett (and his website) get attacked and slinged through the mud, for no reason other than supporting this new line up. I go into threads, and any positive and progressive discussion is derailed by the same idiots, parroting off the same BS in every thread even though people on the forums are already aware on how they feel. It's getting annoying to look at.

Having an opinion is fine, and there's nothing wrong with that. But at least do it respectfully. You go on LP fan forums, and absolutely nobody is trashing STP or commenting on how vocal work on the next LP album is potentially delayed till Chester finishes touring with STP. Nobody says STP sucks on those forums, and people are even showing their respect for the musical talent even if STP are not their cup of tea.

You'd think that the Stone Temple Pilots fanbase, having 'much older' people would be giving LP fans a run for their money in maturity. And for the most part they have (and I thank those who have been grown up about this) but there's others on this board, and on social media who are really doing their best to give STP fans a bad name.

I've loved my short stay on BelowEmpty and I hope to see some of the CheSTP supporters on LPA. But I'm not sure if I can justify continuing to come here when every post is devolving into an argument and even the owner of the site can't be assed to at least show half-hearted support of this new venture by posting news about it or changing the name of this particular sub forum to it's RIGHTFUL name which is "Stone Temple Pilots w/ Chester Bennington".

It's facepalm worthy and quite frustrating to be honest.

*EDIT* Sorry in advance for any typos. I'm running on 4-5 hours of sleep tops.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:03:52 AM by LPAssociationDerek »

NoWayOut87

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2013, 05:02:03 AM »
Chester may need to improve his boxing skills. I honestly think one of the fans are gonna attack him at a show or elsewhere.

People are a little too outraged

LPAssociationDerek

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2013, 05:10:17 AM »
Chester may need to improve his boxing skills. I honestly think one of the fans are gonna attack him at a show or elsewhere.

People are a little too outraged
He already dealt with an internet hacker/stalker before. He's had his experiences with psycho fans *laughs*.