July 03, 2024, 07:32:20 AM

Author Topic: Perhaps we're not giving Chester a fair chance  (Read 5451 times)

LPAssociationDerek

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Perhaps we're not giving Chester a fair chance
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 05:48:01 AM »
Part of me thinks that they're only playing it safe right now and sounding slightly like their older sound on their new songs, so that it can be olive branch to the fanbase. They (Chester especially) know right off the bat that this 'change' is going to upset a lot of people and be very hard for others to swallow, so Chester isn't trying to reinvent the old songs too much live or 'go too crazy' on High Rise cause he wants the fans to grow comfortable with the change first. They want fans to come around to Chester (like they slowly are doing now) before they really reinvent the wheel. High Rise (from what we've heard on the 90 second clips) still has a lot of new things for the band, but it also has that "familiar feeling" which I'm betting is deliberate.

The band confirmed in a recent video chat that another EP is coming after this, and they jokingly said that fans could play High Rise and EP2 back to back for a "full length" album.

I'm betting the next EP will sound nothing like High Rise. Right now they're like a friend you haven't seen in 10 years. You know it's that old friend, but the friend has changed in those 10 years and looks different so you have to play catch up.

Dude,

Robert was joking when he said they we're doing another EP. Chester is going back to Linkin Park in March 2014, I'd imagine for a year, maybe close to two. Who knows whats going to happen. Dean said he wanted to make a fulll LP but they only had time for an EP. I'd imagine if they decide to stay together for another round they would have more time to work on a full LP knowing so far in advance. Not sure why they didn't just wait an extra month to go on tour and record another 5 or so songs...

I guess that I misunderstood the EP remark (cause I missed the stream but instead read notes), but in the same respect...the band has tour dates booked sporadically through now till February. Assuming the band writes while on the road, that's plenty of time to write new material. Recording it is a different story though.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Perhaps we're not giving Chester a fair chance
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 10:01:29 AM »

As far as the "friend you haven't seen in 10 years" analogy, this person isn't the same person I knew 10 years ago.  They may share a few traits with someone I used to know, but they've made some poor life decisions, done some shady things, had a sex chance, and don't even resemble the person I once knew.  All of this would be fine, but when they approach me after 10 years and claim that nothing has changed, I can't trust them anymore.

Sorry bro, but that's some pretty shitty reasoning for not being friends with someone anymore. 

Hah "bro"...

If a current friend broke my trust, or did something terrible, I'd reevaluate the "friendship" and go from there.  But if someone from 10 years ago broke my trust, went off the rails, or just wasn't the person I used to know, then I'd be a fool to trust them showing up out of the blue. Especially after 10 years, and acting like everything is the same when it clearly isn't.

"Hey there... how's your steak?"