September 29, 2024, 11:23:40 PM

Author Topic: TMZ: Stone Temple Pilots sues Scott Weiland  (Read 14816 times)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: TMZ: Stone Temple Pilots sues Scott Weiland
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2013, 07:22:06 AM »
"Scott had issues which messed up shows and caused embarrassment" ... Some have short memories.  His issues caused tours, tours, not a handful of shows.  Purple was cut short, Tiny Music barely got going before that was cancelled (a true pity if you see the setlst they were running), No.4? Scott was in jail when it got released, Shangri La, there 5th album was theyre first since Core that they could fully support.  How much in sales did that cost them and more so there impact on the rock world? 

But i guess thats a minor inconvienence
"There's a dusty rose where the promise of love used to be"

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2013, 07:28:34 AM »
I defended Scott in the other thread, and I'm sure you all know I'm the last person on this board who wants to, but he's progressively coming off like the bigger person here.  This is a frivolous lawsuit if there ever was one.  Scott may be the reason that they aren't out doing yet another cash grab tour, but he is undeniably a massive part of the reason anyone even remembers who the Stone Temple Pilots are in the year 2013.

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2013, 07:47:17 AM »
I just am left wondering how this will all play out... Regardless, I anticipate more people showing up at both Chester Temple Pilots' shows and Wildabouts shows...
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2013, 07:50:11 AM »
No Such Thing as Bad Publicity??
;0

Both sides are doing it to sell tix.. ha

Blueberry

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2013, 07:52:47 AM »
I defended Scott in the other thread, and I'm sure you all know I'm the last person on this board who wants to, but he's progressively coming off like the bigger person here.  This is a frivolous lawsuit if there ever was one.  Scott may be the reason that they aren't out doing yet another cash grab tour, but he is undeniably a massive part of the reason anyone even remembers who the Stone Temple Pilots are in the year 2013.

Agree.

TinyPenisMusic

• Co-Pilot
  • WTF?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2013, 07:55:05 AM »
Block him from performing STP songs on his solo tour and not letting him mention he was part of STP? It wasn't a problem in the past (as far back as the 12BB shows). $TP just seem spiteful. I don't like that Scott is being ganged up on. Now they're suing him? The poor guy already supposedly has money issues. Some website said that he's worth 10 million dollars.
"Hey buddy are you lubed up?" -Scott Weiland

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2013, 07:58:18 AM »
"Block him from performing STP songs on his solo tour and not letting him mention he was part of STP?"

Dont agree with that

Lolzeyes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2013, 08:00:45 AM »
It has come to this? Sad day to be a long-time STP fan.

I don't feel sorry for none of the band members. Why? Coz they destroyed the best thing they ever had - we ever had.

Rockstars and fucking egos..

RIP Stone Temple Pilots.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 08:22:20 AM by Lolzeyes »

DankoJones

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2013, 08:06:19 AM »

Agree.

U guys need to get a history lesson on STP and just how many times Scott derailed STP

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2013, 08:32:03 AM »

Agree.

U guys need to get a history lesson on STP and just how many times Scott derailed STP

No one has denied Scott is the reason for almost all of this band's struggles.  That in no way makes this specific instance okay.

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2013, 08:33:34 AM »

Agree.

Irrelevant, this doesn't mean they've earned the right to perform as STP without him. 

But, still, I understand it.  And I honestly thought that this could be a fresh new chapter for the band, that would give its history a new context.  That is until this stupid lawsuit non-sense.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

MAJOR METAL

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2013, 08:46:04 AM »
Man, if this gets nastier we might never see another reunion with Scott and the rest of STP.
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend.
Pick a flower hold your breath and drift away.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2013, 08:51:14 AM »
Man, if this gets nastier we might never see another reunion with Scott and the rest of STP.

If anything this means they'll make even more money the next go around since concert promoters know they'll have to pony up a lot of dough due to how much they hate each other.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2013, 09:17:21 AM »
I wonder if the parameters for not using STP songs outside of the band's performances is why he's been using "alternate" versions of the songs.