September 20, 2024, 01:43:44 AM

Author Topic: SLDD was intended to be a double album?  (Read 6741 times)

Shint

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: SLDD was intended to be a double album?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 02:05:57 AM »
Not trying to start rumors or anything on the Only Dying front.  It may have just been wishful thinking on my part that STP would do what Pearl Jam did with "Brother" and have a song hit #1 a couple of decades after it was recorded.  

Here's to hoping!

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: SLDD was intended to be a double album?
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 03:46:15 AM »
Thanks for all the info guys.  
I would've loved to have heard that disc of softer songs  :'(
I hope after this new album (which sounds very 70's rock n'roll) we get an album with some of that slower euphoric stuff in a similar vein to 'Hello, It's Late', 'Wonderful' and 'Samba Nova'.

I also read on wikipedia, which contradicts this info on the softer disc - 'the band began work on a sixth studio album in 2002 that reportedly would go back to their Core-era sound and planned on finishing it in January 2003, but when Dean DeLeo and Scott Weiland nearly got into a fistfight during the last show of Stone Temple Pilots' fall 2002 tour.'

As I say I have no idea who the source of that info is since it's from wikipedia. Who knows what kind of disc we may have got if the band hadn't of split back then?
SLDD ranks as my favourite though because I feel it has the best mix of beautiful slow songs and hard rockin' tunes like 'Dumb love' and 'Coma', the album just has a great feel and it takes me right back to 2001 when I first heard some of it streaming on STP's site, ahhhh good days!
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long