September 21, 2024, 06:54:05 AM

Author Topic: Mighty Joe Young Demo Tape For Sale  (Read 2289 times)

MockingbirdBoy

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Mighty Joe Young Demo Tape For Sale
« on: July 23, 2016, 10:12:34 AM »
I hope this doesn't violate any forum policies, but I am selling my MJY demo tape on Ebay and thought someone here might be interested:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/262540595838?roken=cUgayN&soutkn=k60S3n

Thanks.

MockingbirdBoy

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Mighty Joe Young Demo Tape For Sale
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 03:00:33 PM »
**********SOLD**********

EyesOfDisarray

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 11:23:53 PM »
Cool piece of memorabilia. Were you happy with the selling price?

MockingbirdBoy

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 08:21:34 AM »
Absolutely. It's a great item, but I wasn't sure what to do with it. I just hope the new owner is a huge STP fan who'll display it somehow.

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 01:43:53 PM »
I have to ask... Do you ever worry that with selling something for so much money that someone may attempt to scam you and get their money back with Paypal by filing a claim? I have had family members sell on eBay and over the years their policies have really changed to accommodate buyers only. We have had multiple cases of people getting the item, complaining, and then keeping the item and their money. I'm not trying to instill fear in you, but if you know of a way to fully protect yourself, I would love to know. It all seems very risky to me. Great sell though!

MockingbirdBoy

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 08:12:21 AM »
I think if I were selling something that a lot of people would be interested in, like an iPhone, then I guess it would be a legitimate concern to have, and I'm not sure if there is a way to fully insure oneself against such a scam. However, this is such a specific item that only a few people would want to invest in, I think my odds are pretty good at not encountering such a devious buyer, so all in all, I'm not too worried about it. But if I ever, at any point, were to get scammed out of a lot of money, I'd still have the buyer's/scammer's address...Just saying.  ;)