September 21, 2024, 06:36:19 AM

Author Topic: Eric Kretz talks about possible plans for the new record  (Read 38326 times)

loungefly90

• Pilot
  • You're The Wonder In Everything That's Wonderful..
    • View Profile
Re: Eric Kretz talks about possible plans for the new record
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2012, 02:49:27 PM »
Either way I am so glad that over the years they have kept true to releasing full albums and doing slow songs inbetween the hard rocking hits. Even Scott solo and Talk show did the same type of arrangment and I find it so great that they do this at their live shows too. I love when they take a hard-rock break to create an unplugged sort of vibe, which is why I'm so upset the acoustic conept album was never released. I am literally obsessed with STP's slower, more melodic type of jams. Atlanta, Wonderful, And So I Know, 7 Caged Tigers, Dare If You Dare, Kitchenware & Candybars and I Got You are by far my favorite STP tracks ever and unfortunatly we didn't get too much slower stuff on the self-titled record. Maybe that's why the record feels so fast and short, because it never slows down like all the other records did. The way I see the hard-rock to unplugged tracks is the following:

On Core - Naked Sunday into Creep
On Purple - Still Remains into Pretty Penny into Silvergun Superman
On Tiny Music... - Lady Picture Show into And So I know into Trippin'
On No.4 - Church on Tuesday into Sour Girl into No Way Out
On Shangri - Hollywood Bitch into Wonderful, Black Again and Hello It's Late into Too Cool
On STP - Hickory Dichotomy into Dare If You Dare (which could to me be played softer)
12 Bar Blues - Divider into Cool Kiss
Talk Show - Everybody Loves My Car into Peeling An Orange
***I'm not too familiar with Scott's double solo record, I wasn't a fan of it at all. (sorry guys)

Velvet Revolver didn't experiment with this too much, except for Fall to Pieces, You Ain't Got No Right and Loving The Alien, but STP's arrangments are always very consistent and like I said the fact that they do this at their live shows is truly amazing. You can tell it is NOT by accident that every album reflects the same arrangment as their live shows. Very interesting. I hope that my point makes sense. I have always found this side of them extremely interesting and have often felt that when bands do this that they pretty much stole the "Acoustic Break" from STP.

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
Re: Eric Kretz talks about possible plans for the new record
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2012, 04:20:01 AM »
Either way I am so glad that over the years they have kept true to releasing full albums and doing slow songs inbetween the hard rocking hits. Even Scott solo and Talk show did the same type of arrangment and I find it so great that they do this at their live shows too. I love when they take a hard-rock break to create an unplugged sort of vibe, which is why I'm so upset the acoustic conept album was never released. I am literally obsessed with STP's slower, more melodic type of jams. Atlanta, Wonderful, And So I Know, 7 Caged Tigers, Dare If You Dare, Kitchenware & Candybars and I Got You are by far my favorite STP tracks ever and unfortunatly we didn't get too much slower stuff on the self-titled record. Maybe that's why the record feels so fast and short, because it never slows down like all the other records did. The way I see the hard-rock to unplugged tracks is the following:

On Core - Naked Sunday into Creep
On Purple - Still Remains into Pretty Penny into Silvergun Superman
On Tiny Music... - Lady Picture Show into And So I know into Trippin'
On No.4 - Church on Tuesday into Sour Girl into No Way Out
On Shangri - Hollywood Bitch into Wonderful, Black Again and Hello It's Late into Too Cool
On STP - Hickory Dichotomy into Dare If You Dare (which could to me be played softer)
12 Bar Blues - Divider into Cool Kiss
Talk Show - Everybody Loves My Car into Peeling An Orange
***I'm not too familiar with Scott's double solo record, I wasn't a fan of it at all. (sorry guys)

Velvet Revolver didn't experiment with this too much, except for Fall to Pieces, You Ain't Got No Right and Loving The Alien, but STP's arrangments are always very consistent and like I said the fact that they do this at their live shows is truly amazing. You can tell it is NOT by accident that every album reflects the same arrangment as their live shows. Very interesting. I hope that my point makes sense. I have always found this side of them extremely interesting and have often felt that when bands do this that they pretty much stole the "Acoustic Break" from STP.

Wow, man, you put some TLC into this post. I applauded you.
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/