October 03, 2024, 09:22:45 PM

Author Topic: Terrible Scott Weiland X-Mas album review  (Read 3667 times)

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Terrible Scott Weiland X-Mas album review
« on: December 02, 2011, 08:54:57 PM »
                         Now I know it seems like many on you here have mixed reviews about this Christmas album but I just read this review in our bay area(California) newspaper and this one is particularly bad. He's using the old Pearl Jam comparisons. This is what they say...,.

"Having spent years perfecting an Eddie Vedder impersonation, and with his long list of drug and legal problems, the San Jose native might seem an odd choice for someone to try the role of Christmas crooner on for size. Amazingly, it fits him better than anyone could've reasonably expected. He's no Johnny Mathis, but he also doesn't embarrass himself, as of other rockers have on these Christmas staples. It's not likely to mark a career change, though, and Weiland will surely be back leading his de facto Pearl Jam tribute act, Stone Temple Pilots, in the near future."

Another person clearly jumping on the Pearl Jam comparisons bandwagon. I know not all of it is a bad review but really? Throwing in a Pearl Jam comparison? Does he still think it's 1993?? WoW! Old news!Clrearly he hasn't heard more than 1 or two STP songs!  ::)

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Scott Weiland X-Mas album review
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 09:00:13 PM »
Yeah, I posted that review in the Christmas album topic the other day, because I found it online and I was totally outraged at the "Pearl Jam cover band" comment...it's so ignorant!

And I'll say it again....PJ COVER BAND???????? SERIOUSLY???????? (I just can't get over that!)

"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"