September 20, 2024, 12:48:19 AM

Author Topic: Help with Dean's Solos  (Read 4082 times)

ryutahellhound

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Help with Dean's Solos
« on: October 01, 2011, 10:20:21 PM »
I'm putting together a video that showcases all of Dean's solos,but I'm a bit confused as to what some would call solos. For instance, I don't think that the bridge before the last verse of "Creep" is a solo. And then there's "Where the River Goes" which has the intro solo and the solo towards the end. Finally, I'm confused as to whether I should continue the solos for say, "Silvergun Superman" or "Bagman" once the singing resumes but the solo is ongoing. Then there's whether or not to count the acoustic outro of "This Wasn't Supposed to Happen," along with the slide guitar solo on "Bi-Polar Bear" and the outro of "Seven Caged Tigers." Etc, etc. If anyone would like to help me with this or give me a list of the solos, it'd be appreciated.
Favorite STP Song At The Moment- Where the River Goes

Stone Temple Copilots

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Stone Temple Copilots
Re: Help with Dean's Solos
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 05:17:03 AM »
A guitar solo is generally a place in the music where the guitar is the featured melodic instrument. Some guitar solos are very clear cut, and some fall in to a grey area. You will probably have to come up with your own definition of what is or is not a solo depending on the purpose of your video.

I would not consider the bridge of Creep to be a solo. I would consider the parts you mentioned of Where the River Goes to be solos.

Hopefully that is of some help.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Dean's Solos
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 04:01:50 AM »
Well, not long ago shapy started this thread http://www.belowempty.com/forum/index.php?topic=8001.0 with a similar idea, we listed our favorite solos.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"