October 04, 2024, 01:30:48 PM

Author Topic: Scott on random songs or vids  (Read 4561 times)

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Scott on random songs or vids
« on: September 26, 2011, 11:20:55 AM »
A good friend and fellow fan of STP sent me a link to a song by these dudes by the name of "The Crystal Method."  The song is titled, "Murder (You Know It's Hard)."  Prior to posting this, I used the search engine to see if I could find anything that mentions this on BE.  I didn't find anything, so I am wondering if many others have never heard of this.  It is definitely a departure from anything else that I have heard from Scott.  I guess that the closest thing to this would be his cover of "Fame" with Paul Oakenfold. 

I think that this would be a cool time to start a thread that lists random gems that feature Scott.  This could include songs, videos, tv appearances, etc. 

Here is a link to the video for The Crystal Method song.  I wish that Scott had been featured in the video.   :-\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V1_j9Y1zHY
Are you good and lubed up?

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: Scott on random songs or vids
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 03:01:53 PM »
http://belowempty.com/discography.php?s=featuring_stp

This page list of what you call random songs.  :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 01:19:55 AM »
Thank you!  I only called them "random" because I can't think of any other word to describe stumbling upon something that, for me, seems "rare" or abstract, unexpected.  I will look to that thread.  I appreciate the link. 

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 05:24:51 PM »
I think the Youtube's where he gets invited by Cyndi Lauper to collaborate on her vh1 special are pretty cool, personally.

Sinnamon Toast

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 06:28:56 PM »
I think the Youtube's where he gets invited by Cyndi Lauper to collaborate on her vh1 special are pretty cool, personally.
I agree.  It was only about two months ago that I watched his performances with Cyndi Lauper.  I was impressed with the sound and chemistry.  Scott and Cyndi appeared to have a very nice camaraderie on that stage. 

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 11:59:48 PM »
Indeed - cool she jumped into Barbarellla and let Scott do one of his own songs on her tribute show, and the Money Changes Everything/Time after time performances are pretty bad ass in my opinion.  Definitely favorited that performance and watch it every now and again and it's always good.