September 18, 2024, 11:52:21 PM

Author Topic: Scott's English Laundry Collection  (Read 19453 times)

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Scott's English Laundry Collection
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2011, 02:55:10 PM »
Just picked up a red stripe dress shirt.

http://www.globalrebels.com/englishlaundry/NEW-BOLD-IN-RED-STRIPE/productinfo/EWW061R/

I genuinely like Scott's clothing line, imagine I will pick up another item or two when the right opportunity comes up. 

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2011, 09:45:26 PM »

http://www.globalrebels.com/englishlaundry/NEW-BOLD-IN-RED-STRIPE/productinfo/EWW061R/

I genuinely like Scott's clothing line, imagine I will pick up another item or two when the right opportunity comes up. 
Nice choice, it's a pretty unique color too
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2011, 03:17:16 AM »
http://www.beatweek.com/music/musicianinterviews/8989-chris-detert-american-rebel-pr-takes-over-fashion-and-music/

Can you tell me about working with Stone Temple Pilots front man   Scott Weiland and English Laundry for the collaboration of the fashion   line ‘Weiland for English Laundry’?
Scott and I have been   friends since 2005. I met him at the World Music Awards in Las Vegas,   when I was still with Von Dutch, and I invited him to come to the store   to get some clothes when we got back to LA. When we got together at the   store, we literally spent over two hours together picking out outfits   for him and when he finally had to leave, he didn’t want to because he   wanted to do some custom pieces with our designers in our design studio.    He ended up leaving before we could, but a couple of days later, he   contacted me and said that he wanted to design a line together.   Originally, we were going to do this at Von Dutch, but I left as the   company was in its downward spiral and told Scott that we better put it   on hold until we found the right partner.
•••••
It was shortly after this   exchange that Detert started American Rebel PR.  The following year he   began working with English Laundry.  As fate would have it, he   remembered his conversation with Weiland and one thing led to another.   “I remembered how Scott’s idea for a line was very British and Savile   Row-inspired, so I thought it was a perfect fit. I pitched the idea to   English Laundry’s Owner/Designer, Christopher Wicks, and he loved it.    So we set up a meeting and the rest, as they say, is history!”  He   describes Weiland as an amazing artist who is extremely fashion forward   and very involved in all aspects of his design process.  “His personal   sense of style is unparalleled.”
Together they did a tour of   fashion shows in Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Miami. In a further display   of the union between the worlds of fashion and music, Weiland played a   concert with his band after each fashion show.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2011, 06:30:09 PM »

Nice choice, it's a pretty unique color too

I have a similar shirt I bought from Hot Topic years ago with similar color/pattern. Nice choice!
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..