September 25, 2024, 02:39:16 AM

Author Topic: Blog: Stone Temple Pilots: They're actually good! (Really!)  (Read 4254 times)

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
One of the best written pieces on STP (except for the comments that STT isnt a good song and S/T is not good album)

Enjoy

http://www.avclub.com/philadelphia/articles/stone-temple-pilots-theyre-actually-good-really,58875/

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
Re: Blog: Stone Temple Pilots: They're actually good! (Really!)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 07:46:39 PM »
This article is so true!  I believe Scott thinks he has never been able to make a name for himself and thought he has had to prove himself too much.  But what gives me the utmost respect for him and STP is that they never followed a formula while creating their newest album so the critics would like them.  They are who they are.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

rocker rockstar

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 03:07:47 AM »
I still love Core the album the best.  It is so awsome.  Way I see it those people that think plush sounds like pearl jam and there for won't listen to STP are idiots.  If they ever gave STP a chance they would be loving it.   Cores vocals were more inspired by Jim Morrison from the Doors.   Purple is one of the best albums for sure.  Rolling Stone sure should have praised STP for the amazing Purple back then.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 03:28:24 AM »
I still love Core the album the best.  It is so awsome.  Way I see it those people that think plush sounds like pearl jam and there for won't listen to STP are idiots.  If they ever gave STP a chance they would be loving it.   Cores vocals were more inspired by Jim Morrison from the Doors.   Purple is one of the best albums for sure.  Rolling Stone sure should have praised STP for the amazing Purple back then.

I remember reading somewhere that STP was offered to be on the cover of Rolling Stone in 1994, but turned it down fearing criticism from the magazine. They ended up doing it in 1997 anyway, though.