October 04, 2024, 05:29:00 AM

Author Topic: when mtv was good.  (Read 4533 times)

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
when mtv was good.
« on: July 09, 2011, 08:09:51 PM »

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: when mtv was good.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 08:14:11 PM »
Dere was already a tread, mon.
Bleeda blooda

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 01:19:55 AM »
Yep, i already posted this man ;)
Seems like you left me when you broke down

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 11:56:32 PM »
...and MTV was never good.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 03:48:41 AM »
"Fallen Stone Temple Pilots singer".....Kurt Loder is a tool.

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 10:33:45 AM »
stp mtv unplugged early 1990s were good.headbangers ball too.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 05:05:58 PM »
wayyyyyyy better than it is now
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 06:31:59 PM »
"Oh my god, I'd love to hook up with that guy." - Fred Durst
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 08:26:52 PM »

Someone refresh me on the fight between Weiland and Loder.  I know it happened, but I don't remember when or why.  Here's the only snippit I found about it (from Rik's articles section)"

Published by: Rolling Stone

What's eating Scott Weiland? Or rather, what isn't Scott Weiland eating?

Scott Weiland is a headline-making machine. Whether it's for his drug dependency recidivism, his volatile status with Stone Temple Pilots, his childish on-air feud with MTV News host Kurt Loder or his current obsession with his appearance, the thirty-year old vocalist is a constant source of entertainment.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 08:42:13 PM »

Someone refresh me on the fight between Weiland and Loder.  I know it happened, but I don't remember when or why.  Here's the only snippit I found about it (from Rik's articles section)"

Published by: Rolling Stone

What's eating Scott Weiland? Or rather, what isn't Scott Weiland eating?

Scott Weiland is a headline-making machine. Whether it's for his drug dependency recidivism, his volatile status with Stone Temple Pilots, his childish on-air feud with MTV News host Kurt Loder or his current obsession with his appearance, the thirty-year old vocalist is a constant source of entertainment.

He was being interviewed by Carson Daly for some show and for some reason Kurt Loder was there via satellite. And he said something like "so you slagged(slammed?) my video, Kurt."

And they went back & forth for like 2 seconds before Carson was like "moving on."

Haven't seen it in a while and that video is on my hard drive is fuxxored. But it's in the BE Christmas downloads post somewhere!
Bleeda blooda

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 08:45:27 PM »
He was being interviewed by Carson Daly for some show and for some reason Kurt Loder was there via satellite. And he said something like "so you slagged(slammed?) my video, Kurt."

And they went back & forth for like 2 seconds before Carson was like "moving on."

Haven't seen it in a while and that video is on my hard drive is fuxxored. But it's in the BE Christmas downloads post somewhere!

Thanks, lover! :)

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 09:30:27 PM »

Yeah, I actually saw this live! :)  Kurt Loder gave the "Barbarella" video a horrible review on MTV news.  He basically said the song and video was stupid and he stole elements from David Bowie.  A few weeks later Scott was on MTV Live with Carson (the precursor of TRL) promoting 12BB and Kurt was on a video screen giving his usual MTV News broadcast.  After he was done, Carson mentioned that he had Scott in the studio and that is when Scott repeatedly said "you slammed my video".  Quite funny, although I always wondered if this was scripted or not.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

emerick55

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 12:14:21 AM »
Barbarella video is a trip, love it.

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 03:21:52 AM »

Yeah, I actually saw this live! :)  Kurt Loder gave the "Barbarella" video a horrible review on MTV news.  He basically said the song and video was stupid and he stole elements from David Bowie.  A few weeks later Scott was on MTV Live with Carson (the precursor of TRL) promoting 12BB and Kurt was on a video screen giving his usual MTV News broadcast.  After he was done, Carson mentioned that he had Scott in the studio and that is when Scott repeatedly said "you slammed my video".  Quite funny, although I always wondered if this was scripted or not.
I remember Scott basically calling Loader an idiot for stealing from Bowie comment since Scott said the video was a homage to Bowie and The Man Who Fell To Earth.