October 03, 2024, 01:28:40 PM

Author Topic: Meeting members in person?  (Read 7467 times)

laura

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Too Cool Queenie
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting members in person?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 08:30:09 PM »
Great photo!  So let me get this straight:  Your husband proposed at a SW show, and then you had a band playing STP songs at your wedding?  You might possibly have the coolest husband on the planet.  ;)
I am
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes
Guess I walked too softly.--S. Weiland

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 08:32:07 PM »
Great photo!  So let me get this straight:  Your husband proposed at a SW show, and then you had a band playing STP songs at your wedding?  You might possibly have the coolest husband on the planet.  ;)

Well - he proposed after the show when we got back to our hotel - but essentially, yes.  I can't say that he was exactly happy with the whole STP obsession (or even that he's thrilled with it now) - but I think over the years he has come to accept that in order to love me, it's also necessary to love the band.  Haha.  :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 08:55:29 PM »
Love that pic.. and I wear that shirt all the time lol

We had lots of stp music in our wedding too =)
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 09:55:43 AM »
I believe I'm the only member from Denmark on here so I havn't met anyone. I've met a fair share of Michael Jackson fans over the years that I've gotten to know from his forum and that's always been fun. It's always cool meeting other fans, but I've never met another STP fan in Denmark  :-\ 
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

Navarre

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 01:46:10 PM »
Same here. I haven't met any STP fans from this board. (not even Rik or Ivy). There aren't many in the Netherlands.
If I ever have the chance to make a trip to the USA I would definitely want to meet up with 'some' people I met here.

Btw. Great photo Jessie.  ;)

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 04:13:18 PM »
Seems like alot of the more active users are from the same areas, ironic?

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 06:27:58 PM »

I think it's because a lot of the more active users are pretty bnbg hardcore fans (if I don't say  so myself) - and they're the ones that are willing to travel to see the band.  There's more of a chance of arranging a meetup if you're going to see the band in different cities as opposed to just going to see them in your hometown.  Not that there's anything at all wrong with people that aren't out of their minds and who don't travel all over the place to see the boys.  :)

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 06:29:39 PM »
I've met a few members.    STPGurl, Railbrews, Sad Daisy Girl, and Terri at the show in Eastlake, and someone named wickedgarden something I think at the Cincinnati show last summer.  I'm also pretty sure that I saw andrew there if I remember right.  Everyone has been super cool that I've met.
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 06:32:10 PM »
Everyone has been super cool that I've met.

Again - this was obviously directed towards me.  :P

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 07:26:12 PM »
Everyone has been super cool that I've met.

Again - this was obviously directed towards me.  :P

Clearly!  Just couldn't make anyone else feel jealous..shhhhhh :P
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 04:11:35 AM »

I think it's because a lot of the more active users are pretty bnbg hardcore fans (if I don't say  so myself) - and they're the ones that are willing to travel to see the band.  There's more of a chance of arranging a meetup if you're going to see the band in different cities as opposed to just going to see them in your hometown.  Not that there's anything at all wrong with people that aren't out of their minds and who don't travel all over the place to see the boys.  :)
Plus, it'd be a lot more o fun. So, when is the meet-up? 2011 is a bit complicated for me...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 06:23:37 AM »
I briefly met Shapy during a Weiland solo show in Baltimore in early 2009...other than that havent met any of ya
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 08:13:27 AM »
Im planning to travel to USA for their show on september 2 in virginia beach. Its my birthday and i dont think there's a better way to celebrate it rather than watching my favorite band performing! my goal is to sing the intro of D&B in order to make it the BEST birthday ever haha :)

I was wondering if any of you guys will be at that show? i know its a month ahead, but maybe we could plan some kind of meeting with the BE members at the show :)
Seems like you left me when you broke down

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 11:32:10 AM »

That's true. I'm willing to travel to other countries to see them but the US is too expensive
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

FirstSexTypeThingOnMars

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 11:04:48 PM »

Excuse my ignorance, but what's bnbg? I meant more on a geographical level, seems alot of the main users here hail from the states of Cali, Florida, and Ohio.