September 29, 2024, 12:25:52 AM

Author Topic: VR and singer 'Dating'....  (Read 19501 times)

somexxxgirls

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: VR and singer 'Dating'....
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2011, 07:02:52 PM »
Aside from Duff still being in the band, VR are nothing without Scott, just like Slash's bands are nothing without Axl.  He should have learned, even an awesome guitar player needs a real front man.  I saw their very first gig.  If Slash and the big bad G-n-R boys can't but up with a little debauchery every now and then, screw em.  It's rock-n-roll after all.  I'm looking forward to seeing the "newer, younger, better" VR as the house band on dancing with the stars.

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2011, 04:21:06 AM »
I know we all love STP but...would anyone complain if Scott got back together with Velvet Revolver? It's a really weird, I'm a big STP fan but I'm also a big VR fan too. It's hard to choose.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2011, 05:17:24 AM »
I know we all love STP but...would anyone complain if Scott got back together with Velvet Revolver? It's a really weird, I'm a big STP fan but I'm also a big VR fan too. It's hard to choose.

I love the music that the DeLeos write but I wouldn't complain if Scott back with VR. If it's what he wants to do, he's going to put all his effort into it instead of just phoning it in. I feel like Scott does that sometimes. He still performs well, don't get me wrong. But we know he hated touring all that time for Libertad when it didn't do very well on the charts.... Same deal, just a couple years older and a lot less albums sold.

At this point, solo, STP or VR will work for me, as long as he writes the best music he's gonna write.
Bleeda blooda

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2011, 06:20:03 AM »
Unless it's all about cashing in on VR's success and being able to record and tour under that name (which I can't see being the case), just drop the whole VR concept. If Slash, Duff and Matt honestly just enjoy playing together, they should officially disband VR and start from scratch with a new singer where there would be no discussion as to how he would handle the old material and compare to Scott etc. They would get a fresh start with the only expectation being good music, and not so much about the stigma of successfully carrying on the legacy of VR.
Karma schmarma.

stpfanjosh

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2011, 11:04:08 AM »
i wouldnt care if scott got back with VR either because i thought he was great with them. I also think that no one can replace scott weiland in that band and they should give up trying to find one because its been like three years now and nothing has happened. Slash is doing his solo thing, duff is in loaded which is also a band i love, and matt sorum does his camp freddy thing. its dave kushner i feel sorry for, he never gets any interviews and hes such an underrated guitarist. Rant over

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2011, 02:10:35 PM »
I would not doubt that Scott contemplates this in the future, kinda doubt that it will happen though.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2011, 02:53:27 PM »
this is like asking if you would like chris cornell to leave soundgarden & go back to Audioslave.

the answer would be no.

It was a fun diversion but it's over. and at this point does anyone want Scott dressing up like the cop from the village people just to keep up with the boys in GnR? Because Libertad proved those guys are incapable of growing out of that "bad boy" music & Scott is incapable of being something he's not.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2011, 10:56:34 PM »
this is like asking if you would like chris cornell to leave soundgarden & go back to Audioslave.

I'd actually say yes ;D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"