September 20, 2024, 02:25:07 AM

Author Topic: The Origin of Talk Show  (Read 3894 times)

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
The Origin of Talk Show
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:28:04 PM »
So I was reading the origin of Talk Show on BE.com and for some reason, I didn’t realize that the idea behind Talk Show began in ’95…well before Tiny Music. I thought that basically due to Scott’s drug issues during Tiny Music, they got Dave Coutts involved.

I remember hearing one time though that during the sessions for Tiny Music, the rest of the guys showed Scott a Talk Show song with Dave’s vocals already and Scott was livid…can anyone back that up?

I wonder how much of that situation, if true, forever changed Scott and drove a wedge between them. Maybe a feeling of betrayal?

Also, does anyone have any more info or articles about the origins of Talk Show other than what’s on BE.com & Wiki?
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Sledgehammers of Truth

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: The Origin of Talk Show
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 02:25:25 AM »
I don't remember them showing Scott a Talk Show song with Dave Coutts vocals.  But I do remember reading somewhere that during the Tiny Music sessions, Dean started strumming the chords to "Peeling an Orange" and Robert got really annoyed and shot Dean some look because they had planned to save it for the Talk Show record.  That could be me remembering the story wrong though.  I just remember hearing or reading that Scott really seemed to dig that music and wanted to do something with it but it eventually became a Talk Show song.  I guess most of those songs (Tiny Music/Talk Show) were mostly all written and arranged at around the same time.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The Origin of Talk Show
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 03:38:09 AM »
So I was reading the origin of Talk Show on BE.com and for some reason, I didn’t realize that the idea behind Talk Show began in ’95…well before Tiny Music. I thought that basically due to Scott’s drug issues during Tiny Music, they got Dave Coutts involved.

I remember hearing one time though that during the sessions for Tiny Music, the rest of the guys showed Scott a Talk Show song with Dave’s vocals already and Scott was livid…can anyone back that up?

I wonder how much of that situation, if true, forever changed Scott and drove a wedge between them. Maybe a feeling of betrayal?

Also, does anyone have any more info or articles about the origins of Talk Show other than what’s on BE.com & Wiki?

Yeah, I think I've read about that. Rob, Dean and Kretz had about 30 songs of material going into Tiny Music and right before production of that album they sat down and started choosing which songs were best for Scott and which were good for Dave. I believe it was just Rob who played Scott the Talk Show song, playing a cassette tape on a car stereo.
Grab the hate and drown it out...