September 20, 2024, 11:28:09 AM

Author Topic: dean almost produced the first exies album  (Read 3856 times)

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
dean almost produced the first exies album
« on: December 12, 2010, 05:09:56 PM »
http://www.citizendia.org/The_Exies

Although some have compared The Exies sound to Stone Temple Pilots, their only connection is Dean DeLeo, a very early fan of the band who expressed interest in producing their first album. Stone Temple Pilots (commonly referred to as " STP " is a Grammy Award -winning American rock band consisting of Scott Weiland Dean DeLeo (born August 23, 1961 in Glen Ridge New Jersey) is an American Guitarist for the rock band Stone Temple Pilots (His commitments to STP prevented him from doing so).

interesting piece i thought id share... the debut came out in 2000 ...does anyone know if the exies are a good band? ive only heard their song titled "ugly" and wasnt feeling it .. article says that some have compared their sound to STP... any truth to that? if there is they may be a decent band we need to check out
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

Silver guns and Candybars

Re: dean almost produced the first exies album
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 02:00:18 AM »
the exies have a similar sound to stp? what idiot wrote that piece? the exies are like puddle of mudd meets smile empty soul... and i mean that in a bad way of course

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 06:15:55 PM »
I saw them open for Velvet Revolver in 04, and I wasn't that impressed. The only connection they have to STP is that Dean produced their album as was mentioned. Hell, the Deleos produced an Alien Ant Farm album, but I wouldn't say AAF sounds anything like STP. However, there are a few tracks that definitely have the Deleos fingerprints on it.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

stpunderground

• Sky Captain
  • Clean a politician and wash him with everpure
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 12:36:54 AM »
I saw them open for Velvet Revolver in 04, and I wasn't that impressed. The only connection they have to STP is that Dean produced their album as was mentioned. Hell, the Deleos produced an Alien Ant Farm album, but I wouldn't say AAF sounds anything like STP. However, there are a few tracks that definitely have the Deleos fingerprints on it.

hey man actually it says that dean DIDNT produce the album due to his committments with STP..he just expressed interest... i looked it up says their debut was produced by Stephen Haigler

after hearing several more tracks i couldnt imagine someone comparing these guys to STP i dont hear any influence whatsoever ... ithink that was said to promote interest in the band
Dead fish don't swim around in jealous tides

IMJ

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Wave1Collectibles
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 07:15:37 AM »
The Exies debut album is an absolutely terrific collection. Listenable all the way through with some great rocker tracks, and a broad range of grunge influence without going into Puddle of Mudd territory. I'd highly recommend the debut album.

Their 2nd album was okay, but nowhere near as solid as the first.  The tour that Loungefly mentioned was to promote the 2nd album. I was at that show as well, but I felt the Exies lost the audience because they were just trying way too hard rather than letting the music do the work.

If you don't want to take me on my word regarding the debut album though, at least try downloading two tracks from it..  "My Goddess" and maybe "Can't Relate". There's a nicely diverse range of tracks beyond those as well, and I'd be surprised if most STP fans couldn't get into the first album.
STP Shows: 12/12/1996 | 10/12/2001 | 05/17/2008 | 05/22/2008 | 03/20/2010 | 08/20/2010
CheSTP Shows: 04/23/2015
JeffTP Shows: 09/26/2019
Velvet Revolver Shows: 05/19/2004 | 11/21/2004 | 04/29/2005 | 08/13/2005 | 05/10/2007 (w. Slash signed Setlist) | 08/28/2007
Scott Weiland Shows: 05/10/2014 | 11/20/2015