September 29, 2024, 12:20:12 AM

Author Topic: Happy Song  (Read 17574 times)

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Song
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2008, 10:57:46 AM »
I'm with you two....  They posted that clip on Softdrive's site last year, around the same time they shot a video for it.  (So there's a song, and a video hidden somewhere out there for 'Happy'.)

I wish I lived in LA, so I could go to his CD signing and ask him in person where that song is... cause it sounded great. :(
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2008, 01:26:10 PM »
I've never seen that video... I could never find it... :-
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2008, 02:03:23 PM »
Quote from: "Shangri"
I've never seen that video... I could never find it... :-

I've never seen it either... but I could care less if I had the song.  

I Just remember when they shot it about this time last year, and a bunch of still shots of the video are still on Douglas Green's myspace. (Although they aren't labeled as being from the video anymore.)

Curtis1158

« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2008, 03:25:16 PM »
Maybe Happy is not on the track list because it is a cover and Fame is already on the disc. Just a thought. Sure fits the concept though.

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2008, 08:48:08 PM »
Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but wasn't there a song called "Happy" up on Scott's myspace about 6 months ago?  Is that song on the album...  maybe renamed?  if not, that's too bad.  it sounded good.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2008, 09:55:47 PM »
Quote from: "Garrett"
Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but wasn't there a song called "Happy" up on Scott's myspace about 6 months ago?  Is that song on the album...  maybe renamed?  if not, that's too bad.  it sounded good.

He wrote a song called "Happy" He even did a video for it (only saw pix from that shoot, the video will probably never see the light of day if the song itself is not out). But he did some work with the artisit Pharell & he's in the groung N.E.R.D. & they have it on their new cd.... I was told Pharell won't let Scott use it, or something like that. Maybe we'll get to hear it one day.... I hope.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2008, 12:58:45 PM »
Quote from: "Curtis1158"
Maybe Happy is not on the track list because it is a cover and Fame is already on the disc. Just a thought. Sure fits the concept though.

He worked on 'Happy' with pharell, and the song is on NERD's new album without Scott or any mention of him.  And allegedly pharell won't let Scott release the same song on his own album, but who knows for sure.  If that's the case, then Scott could sing it, but not release it commercially b/c he legally wouldn't be allowed to make money off it... so I figure he could leak it for free and be safe, or technically cover the song during his tour.  Either way, it sounded great, and I've got my fingers crossed.

Curtis1158

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2008, 02:00:11 PM »
Great information! The inner workings of a slippery business.