October 04, 2024, 04:17:21 AM

Author Topic: Supporting Scott  (Read 22846 times)

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • I knew the questions but I lost the answers...
    • View Profile
Re: I'm worried about Scott...
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2010, 05:33:41 AM »
Quote from: "Jim2131"
Quote from: "EyesOfDisarray"
I'm worried too. He appears to be drunk or on something in recent interviews. Personally, I would prefer him completely sober, because that's when I think he's at his best.

I know it sucks guys.  It's been this way, though, since 1996

Bingo. It sucks as a fan, but it makes any new material I hear from him more enjoyable and I'm grateful for each chance I have to see him.

Honestly, I've had to prep myself for reading Scotts death in the next day's newspaper since '96 too. Like I've tried to pretend to cope with him going the way of Staley, but everytime i try to, i dont make it past about ten seconds. I really hope I dont have to deal with that anytime soon, but like a friend of mine told me:

How surprised would you be? Sure, you'd be sad and upset, but would hell have frozen over? not exactly.
Favorite STP songs at the moment: Hazey Daze, Fast as I Can, I Got You, Pruno

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 01, 2010, 07:02:49 AM »
I'm glad you all express interest in Scott and are not like some of the jerks on this site, who say we should not give a damn because that thinking is just bullshit.  I don't really want to say, "Let Scott do his thing", but at this point what is left to do?  It's all up to him to choose the life he wants to live.  He really needs to get rid of those demons though.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Deeze

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 01, 2010, 07:13:06 AM »
I suffer from Bi Polar too, and I just want to say putting on a happy face for other people is the most agonising thing to do some days. And warming up your voice every day is not the most easiest thing to do, when all you want to do is be alone and brood.

So I imagine my predicament and then Scott's would be times ten, being in the public eye. I don't blame him for using alcohol or drugs, cause it helps get through the day.

And I don't blame him not taking meds, cause you just feel like your on auto-pilot and like the world just passes you by.

Just my opinion though.
AND I THINK I THINK TOO MUCH...

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2010, 06:32:31 AM »
Guys, let me start by saying I love Scott as much as anything in the world. There's honestly something wrong with him though and I think that he's in trouble if he doesn't figure things out soon.

I watched a documentary about the Doors last night and saw the way that Jim Morrison gradually declined from the begining to the end. How he started with psychadelic drugs but later shifted to alcohol and then staggered around like a drunken fool on stage.

I guess part of me just wonders if Scott realizes what he is doing to himself?

Slash claims that when he was into drugs in 1990, David Bowie told him to be carefuly, warning him "You are exposing yourself to the darker realms of your subconscious being". Maybe Scott would listen to Bowie...

its sad to think weiland cant even make a message out himself..
ive seen countless interviews and its like he is having problems speaking or finishing sentences. or even speaking at all
and bobs his head alot..

i have heard countless stories such as

during prep for a STP gig it took weiland 10 minutes to realise what they were trying to say to him before he actully could do anything. i believe it was prep for the mic or something
he had trouble Understanding them Mentally or it was Physically

but i hear that off-stage he just isnt all there
but on-stage he is a different entity of power

as the amazing singer that he is.. i hope he stays clean & sober so the future Career Could be for the better
and i know he is wanting that goal in his life!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:34:08 AM by jjbsn5192 »
" I have to return some video tapes "

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2010, 12:53:22 PM »
have you ever seen ozzy perform.. he does an amazing job and he can hardly even get a sentance out. LOL  I dont think Scott is that bad, maybe you should put me in a room with him for an hour and I will let you know haha
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2010, 09:00:25 PM »
hell id love to be in a room with scott for an hour..
haha

nobody is as bad as ozzy

were pretty lucky weilands is where its at
and he isnt like ozzy

" I have to return some video tapes "

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Open Letter to Scott......
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2010, 11:25:47 PM »
Dear Scott-

I hope you're doing well these days and you're getting yourself better.  I have tickets to see STP in Los Angeles later this month and am really looking forward to spending time with some of my best friends watching my favorite all time band and frontman.  Although, I have no idea what you're going through these days, I want you to know that I'm thinking about you and to let you know I care about your well being and health. 

I recently listened to your recording of the acoustic version of Plush off the greatest hits CD and it brought me back to why I love music so much.  Such a beautiful vocal performance, one I can't wait to share with my children when they grow up.  I look forward to continue following you via new music and live performances for the rest of my life and, who knows, maybe our lives will one day cross paths and I can shake your hand to thank you for helping me through the good times and bad for so many years. 

God bless,

Chris

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Open Letter to Scott......
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2010, 12:05:55 AM »
Your heart is in the right place, but he will never read this  ;)
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2010, 01:14:39 AM »
Haven't really made any posts over the last month, but I thought this letter deserved some praise.  I too remember the first time I heard Plush.  I was in my girlfriend's car, and she had an STP Core cassette.  Later, I was watching MTV, and saw the acoustic version.  It was a few years later when I realized I had found my favorite band. 

Saying that Scott will never read this letter really doesn't matter.  Like many other STP fans, I feel unsure of the band's future.  I think focusing on what made all of us so passionate about this band is just good karma -- all around. 

Who cares if Scott reads the letter?  At a time when we are uncertain about something we are attached to, it's healthy to remember good times.  Cuz good times can be memories that push us through the bad times.
I sometimes wonder why I spend so much money and energy on a rock-band that is so unstable.  Then I read
the letter above.

I care because STP'S music makes me feel a certain way.  Broke-up or together, the music will always be there.

Listening to the old music makes me want the new. 

-Brandon

"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

dnabomb

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2010, 03:36:04 AM »
I quit singing and was totally into sports until Scott and STP came around and brought back my love of music.
Thanks