September 30, 2024, 02:20:21 AM

Author Topic: "Happy" in Galoshes survivor poll  (Read 7056 times)

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: "Happy" in Galoshes survivor poll
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 05:45:48 PM »
wow i feel like a complete dumbass!!! i voted right when this was started but thought it was for your favorite songs not least favorite ones. so just ignore my votes for tangle in your mind, blister on your soul and blind confusion haha
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 06:18:42 AM »
wow i feel like a complete dumbass!!! i voted right when this was started but thought it was for your favorite songs not least favorite ones. so just ignore my votes for tangle in your mind, blister on your soul and blind confusion haha
haha I did the exact same thing when I had to vote in one of this kind of poll by first time, since then I read twice ;D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 06:30:39 AM »
I totally voted for my favorites too so take off a vote for missing cleveland Tangle with your mind(I love it so so much) and killing me sweetly
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 02:42:16 PM »
I can't believe Sometimes Chicken Soup has so many votes...definitely one of my personal favorites, but not for everyone i guess. One to talk tho, i voted for missing cleveland haha
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 10:41:57 PM »
I totally voted for my favorites too so take off a vote for missing cleveland Tangle with your mind(I love it so so much) and killing me sweetly

haha im glad i wasn't the only one!
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

HeavenandHotrods87

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 10:59:55 PM »
I just gotta give it up for be not afraid, just because it's gettin hate mail...that song is effin beautiful, majestic even...you can all go eat a donut.

Agreed, Be Not Afraid is one of my favorites also

My three least favorite songs off HIG are Blister On My Soul, Beautiful Day, and Some Things Must Go This Way.

stewdog1

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 06:57:14 PM »
I listened to this disc the other day for the first time in about a year because I saw this thread and thought I'd give it a spin. For some reason though Tangle With Your Mind had me hook line and sinker. I've listened to the CD several times in the past and that song never did anything for me. I actually used to skip it in the past. Now I've got it stuck in my head and I'm listening to it every chance I get.

I was going to vote Tangle With Your Mind when I first saw this thread but now I'm just not going to vote because the more I listen to the album I discover something else I'm into...well other than Fame, I doubt that song will ever do it for me. Weird how you can feel iffy on songs and albums when you first hear them but throw the CD in a year or two later and fall in love with it.

I agree, Tangle With Your Mind is a great song.

As for loving CDs after a long period of time of not listening to them, this has happened to me on many occasions.  I think there are sometimes when it takes time for your mind to fully digest what you have listened to, as well as what is currently happening in your life can give you a different perspective on things.  It really is an interesting thing to talk about.

captainslovakia

• Pilot
  • (((in stereo where available)))
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 07:12:34 PM »
despite my rousing speach I think I lost this one :( it's ok...I'm not afraid.
"That's hill-WILLIAM to you!" - cletus

captainslovakia

• Pilot
  • (((in stereo where available)))
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 07:14:48 PM »
in a related story...

I think we need a recount seeing as how all of our senior voters in Florida voted for their favorites instead of least favorites...
"That's hill-WILLIAM to you!" - cletus