September 30, 2024, 08:30:31 PM

Author Topic: I'm feeling a trend here...  (Read 3654 times)

JMP

• Arrival
    • View Profile
I'm feeling a trend here...
« on: June 02, 2010, 07:41:49 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm new here... but I guess that's apparent. I've been reading these boards for a long time and figured I'd finally join in. I got into STP when I was in the 6th grade (I think) when I won a promo copy of No.4 at a fourth of july grab bag. I was totally into classic rock at the time and STP took that and made it louder. Anyway, because of bands like STP, and guys like Scott, I started studying music of all kinds - singing, playing instruments, composing. I ended up following it through college. I went to a performing arts conservatory where I studied acting and voice. I now make a living in the arts. In a roundabout way I owe everything I have to this band (and a couple of others). Anywho, that's just a bit about me. I'm happy to be here.
If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend.

OnlyDying73

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: I'm feeling a trend here...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 11:10:32 AM »
Quote from: "JMP"
Hey everyone, I'm new here... but I guess that's apparent. I've been reading these boards for a long time and figured I'd finally join in. I got into STP when I was in the 6th grade (I think) when I won a promo copy of No.4 at a fourth of july grab bag. I was totally into classic rock at the time and STP took that and made it louder. Anyway, because of bands like STP, and guys like Scott, I started studying music of all kinds - singing, playing instruments, composing. I ended up following it through college. I went to a performing arts conservatory where I studied acting and voice. I now make a living in the arts. In a roundabout way I owe everything I have to this band (and a couple of others). Anywho, that's just a bit about me. I'm happy to be here.
sounds to me like stp is to u as queen is to me lol
Bad Religion - 10/18/10

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: I'm feeling a trend here...
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 04:06:08 PM »
Quote from: "JMP"

Hi, and welcome to the forum. :)

That's cool that the band inspired you to get into music. I play the piano and find it to be very enjoyable, and it sounds you're the same way. Good luck with your career!
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...