September 17, 2024, 09:04:03 PM

Author Topic: STP's Weiland comes clean  (Read 6823 times)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: STP's Weiland comes clean
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 04:55:01 PM »
Quote from: "EyesOfDisarray"
I had the fortune of attending a private acoustic performance and meet-and-greet with STP on New Year's Eve (2002?). During the meet-and-greet, I remember Scott was very reserved. In fact, there was a huge contrast between how engaged and friendly the other three were and how reserved Scott was. At first, I wondered if it was an ego thing, but then as I declared them the greatest band in the world, Scott's face lit up with a smile and he gave me a sincere thank you.

One of the times I met Scott a few years back was on the street in NYC (outside a Camp Freddy gig) SERIOUSLY there were no other ppl on the street but me and my friend. And he looked uncomfortable with just the two ppl. VERY nice, VERY gracious but very uncomfortable. And we were very respectful to his "space" and not the a-typical pushy type fans. (though I did get a picture  ;D  )
I can understand where ppl might think it's "attitude" but it really and truely isn't.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

artcrimestudios

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 06:31:27 AM »
I wish every interview done didn't feel the need to recap all the legal trouble...its an old take move on...
Sometimes I think that I can kill the world
If just for a day
but I\'d just be stuck with myself again
And I don\'t think I wanna be my only friend

Bipolarbear126

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 07:46:39 AM »
Quote from: "STPaul"
Who's Dan DeLeo?  Geez...

Seriously. I noticed that, too.

And in the SPIN article last week, instead of Kretz when referring to Eric, they typed "Dretz." Who the hell is Dretz???

And I'm also one of those socially awkward people, too. A couple of months ago, I had a premiere for one of my short films and it was uncomfortable for me to be around the people who went to see it and have them come up to me and talk to me about stuff. I guess many people who are kind of artists go through things like this?
Cocaine. Alcohol. Lady-lay. Withdrawal.

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 11:50:33 PM »
Quote from: Peebs
this statement speaks VOLUMES

I read something where you said being on drugs helped you deal with stage fright.

It wasn’t stage fright as much as social fright. I’ve never felt comfortable in crowds. I remember before we ever made it big or even got signed, going into my favourite bar where I knew virtually everybody, and just walking in and being looked at, I didn’t feel comfortable. Unfortunately, when I started doing heroin in 1993, that took away that fright. I didn’t care who was looking at me.

so for anyone who ever complained how they paid for that ridiculous "meet & greets" for VR and Scott wasn't part of it or how Scott runs from the stage door to his awaiting car while a crowd shouts his name for autograph or pictures....

I've always sympathized with Scott because I know exactly how he feels. I even go for walks and to the store at night because I'm less likely to run into people.

I also think this explains the separate tour buses and going straight to it after the show is over.

scotts always looked very nervous after the stage..
i dont blame him some people just have nervous problems.. or dont like being stared at
i cant stand to eat in a restraunt with lots of people..
due to being stared at My meal hasnt even started and its been three hours when everybody starts to leave that
i feel comfortable to even eat.

i dont blame weiland for being a little embarrassed maybe nervous man.. the lifestyle he lives can be very stressful
" I have to return some video tapes "