October 04, 2024, 07:27:31 AM

Author Topic: Took Me This Long...  (Read 4582 times)

Vanilla Shake

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Ava Adore
    • View Profile
Took Me This Long...
« on: May 11, 2010, 09:21:57 AM »
...to make an introduction topic.

My name's Chris. I'm 18, I'll be 19 in July. I'm from Queens, New York. Before I joined this site I had lurked around for quite a while, but I just never got to join until last month. I've graduated high school and am currently working on my songwriting and drumming.

Stone Temple Pilots is obviously one of my favorite bands of all time, otherwise I probably wouldn't be here. I also listen to other stuff, such as Pink Floyd, Billy Joel, Green Day, The Beatles, Counting Crows, Scott Weiland's solo work, David Bowie, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Queens of the Stone Age, The Who, Velvet Revolver, Iggy Pop, Living Colour, etc. The list is almost endless and most of them are inspirations when it comes to writing lyrics. Music has basically become my life. Only stuff I won't touch is most modern pop, mainstream rap and country music, though I don't know why I don't like country music. I guess it's 'cause I'm more of a city guy.

Anyway, that's me. I've already accumulated quite a bit of posts here but I thought I'd make a topic anyway. Better late than never.

So, hello everyone. Nice to meet you all.  :)
I'm looking for a new meditation, still looking for a new way to fly. Don't want any plastic validation, not looking for a new way to die.

ArnoldLayne

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Took Me This Long...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 09:53:08 AM »
hi Chris!

Welcome to the forum and greetings from northern europe! Gotta dig that New York area, visited first time in 2008, then 2009 and again later this year  ;D
Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
Fugazi - 2000-10-10
Stone Temple Pilots - 2001-08-21
The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 02:20:51 PM »
welcome man! Thanks for introducing yourself.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »
Welcome!  ;)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 10:01:17 PM »
I figure I might as well introduce myself too since I never got around to doing that....  Im Paul and Im from Cincinnati.  I first got into STP in 2008 when I got tickets to see Rock on The Range which was their first reunion show in several years!  So of course I got a few of their cds and learned the hits.  I really started getting into them when I got the album Purple (hence my screename).  And from there I got all the albums the two VR albums and Scott's solo work.  I definitely like the other stuff but nothing does it for me like STP!
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

jeff122581

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 10:25:19 PM »
Hi everyone.  While everyone else is doing this I might as well too!  My name is Jeff and I''m 28 and from the Boston area.  Not one to post much here but I'm always browsing; been a member since 08.  I first got into stp way back when the purple album came out and have been with them since, through tumultuous hiatuses and the long lay off.  I have been fortunate to see them 5 times in concert and velvet revolver twice as well and I'm so pumped for the new album.  Wish it would leak, its gonna be another long week/ 2 weeks!

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 12:01:48 AM »
Quote from: "Purple"
I figure I might as well introduce myself too since I never got around to doing that....  Im Paul and Im from Cincinnati.  I first got into STP in 2008 when I got tickets to see Rock on The Range which was their first reunion show in several years!  So of course I got a few of their cds and learned the hits.  I really started getting into them when I got the album Purple (hence my screename).  And from there I got all the albums the two VR albums and Scott's solo work.  I definitely like the other stuff but nothing does it for me like STP!

I think we might be friends on Facebook.  :D  Did you have the new album cover as your profile picture for a while?
Bleeda blooda

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 12:17:32 AM »
'Im Paul and Im from Cincinnati'

Hi, Paul. I live in the tri-state as well. I live in Northern Kentucky at the top of the 'cut in the hill'.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 12:22:03 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"

I think we might be friends on Facebook.  :D  Did you have the new album cover as your profile picture for a while?

yeah i think we are. i added you when you won the free tickets to the STP concert i think.
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 12:29:43 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"

yeah i think we are. i added you when you won the free tickets to the STP concert i think.

Hahaha, yep. That's pretty funny. Glad you found the site. It's  a damn good resource for everything STP.
Bleeda blooda

StpjcS

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 12:32:16 AM »
I felt the urge to introduce myself as well. As you can see I do not post often, but I am on this site constantly as STP is my favorite band.

I have loved them ever since I purchased Core on cassette, yes cassette ladies and gentlemen, at the age of 10. I am 27 years old, grew up in New Jersey and now live in Santa Monica, CA. STP and The Black Crowes are my two favorite bands, but I listen to everything from heavy metal to country. I’ve seen STP 10 times, Velvet Revolver 6 times and Scott once on his solo tour.

Can't wait to hear the new album!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 02:02:18 PM »
What's up, Chris?  Nice to meet you - welcome to the boards!   8)   StoneTempleBrett has cooties - so keep an eye out for him.

Why is everyone trying to steal your thunder, though?  Guys - this thread is for Chris!  You should have made your own and posted it here:  viewforum.php?f=5
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!