September 20, 2024, 05:04:15 AM

Author Topic: Release date of new album  (Read 46113 times)

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion about the next STP album
« Reply #330 on: March 20, 2010, 11:28:24 AM »
All I want from this next album is at least one beautiful ballad I can relate to.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 20, 2010, 08:20:25 PM »
I read the following on AOL Blog....

STP launched a condensed city tour just last week in Austin, using SXSW to preview some of their new material. You can check out upcoming tour dates here. Other tracks on the record -- also previewed at SXSW -- are Bowie-inspired 'Hickory Dichotomy' and 'Jean Genie,' as well as rock-heavy 'Bag Man' and 'Huckleberry Crumble.'

'Jean Genie'? I wish STP would have recorded that Bowie classic.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 20, 2010, 08:44:06 PM »
Seriously got my mouth watering after the single.... :o
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

PhoenixFiles

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 22, 2010, 06:04:53 AM »
Quote from: "crackerdude"
I haven't been on this forum since they did their Re-union tour and when I heard the news of the new album I was like I gotta go back to see what's up. It is so funny because I remember all the people who said they will never tour again and all the people that said they will never make another record. I never thought they would make another album. This is amazing! Viva la STP!
I'm also back on Below Empty with the upswing in STP news.  Best message board around.  I really enjoyed the reunion tour stop at Red Rocks, was excited to see them back together and loved the classics, especially "Wicked Garden".  A lot has happened in the world since SLDD and it's great to have a new STP album coming out!  Feels right.
We have art in order not to die of the truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche