October 03, 2024, 03:25:23 PM

Author Topic: Pic of Weiland and I on the STP couch!Also, Dean and I SLDD Tour  (Read 10270 times)

toysintheattic

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone met any of the members after a show?
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2010, 03:57:28 AM »
me and my boyfriend got to meet dean after a show in 08'. we made a banner to hold up at the show and they ended up holding it up at the end of the show. after the show was over we went and hung out by the buses for a few hours and every time a car or a bus drove by we held up the banner. finally at one point a black car drove by stopped and reversed to us then dean hopped out came over to us gave us hugs and chatted for a few and we took pictures and stuff. he was wicked awesome and really wanted to know what we thought of the show.
Never Trust Them Dirty Liars

stp426

• Flight Attendant
  • And I think I think to much....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2010, 06:12:53 AM »
My hubby and I met Eric before a show at the BORGATA while he was out riding his bike and Dean in 2008 after the show and Eric after a show in 2009.  Both were very cool, down to earth guys.  Dean thanked us for coming to the show and asked what we thought about it.  Eric was very cool also, he talked about them working on the album in the "fall"...

Both let us take a pic with them. Very nice guys.   ;D
STP-10/3/00, 10/22/01, 4/19/02, 10/11/02, 10/16/02, 5/18/08, 8/9/08, 7/18/09, 5/23/10, 9/3/10, 5/5/11, 8/6/11, 8/24/12

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2010, 08:38:30 AM »
I met Scott in December 2008 after he did an interview on a little small stage at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas in LA.  After the interview I shook his hand and talks to him about the new STP album and some of his solo stuff.  He was a nice guy but you can tell he's a little slow to respond.

I would LOVE to meet Dean, Robert, and Eric.  They seem like they're really nice to their fans.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2010, 09:44:23 AM »

My friend J, Scott, & Myself - After the show, 05-20-08 Cleveland, OH.

It was a great evening!
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

Vika

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2010, 09:47:15 AM »
Quote from: "Silvergun Picture Show"

My friend J, Scott, & Myself - After the show, 05-20-08 Cleveland, OH.

It was a great evening!

Nice!!!  8)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2010, 05:16:43 PM »
Depends on the show and the venue.

Example - no one's going to meet them backstage at SXSW, unless they won passes from a radio station or something.  Festivals aren't the place to meet bands.

Same goes for very large venues - though it's not always the case.  You have a better chance of meeting them after they play, say... Chicago's House of Blues than you do after they play Madison Square Garden.  (Though I did meet them at Pitts. Mellon Arena once, and that's a large venue).

Your best bet is hanging out by the busses at a small to medium venue - so long as everyone's in a good mood, the band usually comes out an hour or so after showtime.  Scott likes to take a long shower afterward.   :)

However, on the last tour ('08), a lot of people reported that Scott was just going from the venue straight to the bus, and not stopping for autographs or photos.  Maybe they caught him on a bad night.  Eric also likes to head right for the bus - I'm sure a little R&R is needed for all the boys after a killer performance.

Depending on your city, you may be able to track the band down the night before or after a show at the very upscale hotel chain they like to stay at.  Cleveland's a small town, I don't have a lot of options here.  In a place like LA or NY where there are 50 different Ritz's, I don't know so much.  Hone in on your stalker skills.

I've had the unbelievable luck and complete pleasure of meeting the band several times, mostly on their Sex and Violence tour when OCM and I followed the band around half the country.  lol.  They're a great, amazingly friendly and sweet group of guys - a class act all the way.  Best of luck!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Vika

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2010, 07:32:11 PM »
Thank you for the replies! Interesting!