September 20, 2024, 02:12:47 AM

Author Topic: 2010-04-02 - Indianapolis, IN - White River State Park  (Read 14746 times)

scottieslittlesoftie

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • STONED M*F* PILOTS - Tribute To The Stone Temple Pilots
Re: 2010-04-02 - Indianapolis, IN - White River State Park
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2010, 09:19:09 PM »
Quote from: "hawk900"
Ain't nothing like getting the perfect level glow on and getin down and jamming your favourite tunes.     This drunken rambling has go to go. How would you like it if you were a guitar player starting of a song and then some guy starts to mumble some lyrics,hymes or whatever the hell is rambling through his mind right as you are getting the intro going.
  I'd find it very insulting especially since he's be doing it since the last several sucker trains.
Not cool Scott with no class and disrespect for you fellow musicians.
hawk.

Actually, I am a guitar player in a band for more years than I'd like to remember.... if I didn't like what my singer was doing, I'd fire them and get a replacement.... or suck it up because I need them for the $.....perhaps we can exchange our own stories since even being in a "nothing" band provides you with opportunities to experience the politics, crap and fun of performing..... Is it really drunkin rambling or posturing... the rock star image?  Being true to what the average fan expects?  I understand your opinion... and quite frankly... I agree but as a guitar player, I would have a choice to keep the person or boot them the hell out..... believe me.. we've gone through a few band members over the years.... but... Scott's image and people's perception of him are (I believe) bigger than he is..... the other day I was talking to someone that I had met about our STP trib band (that I sing in so I'm the waste case) and the guy said to me... "Did you know that Scott cannot enter Canada?  He's a wanted man.. the RCMP have to accompany him everywhere...."  I thought that this was funny.  Back to your point thought... I find what is interesting are that the shows which were filmed on this last mini tour were bang on...... so whatever is going on, I guess that we can chose to go along for the rock n roll ride or just not partake.... I enjoy whether he's rambling, stumbling, falling or slurring...... Dean, Robert and Eric have a choice..... as do we, the fans..... if Scott needs help, I hope that he gets it...... again...... but it's just  Scott being Scott and the band knows this......

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
Does anyone have audio of this show in its entirety? I noticed several videos on youtube but I would like to have the audio bootleg if it exists any where out there.

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2010, 10:17:53 PM »
Quote from: "bigemptysg"
Does anyone have audio of this show in its entirety? I noticed several videos on youtube but I would like to have the audio bootleg if it exists any where out there.

I would have taped it...BUT...
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

scottieslittlesoftie

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • STONED M*F* PILOTS - Tribute To The Stone Temple Pilots
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2010, 01:30:47 AM »
Quote from: "zjt228"
Quote from: "bigemptysg"

I would have taped it...BUT...

I have Indy and Detroit..... thanks God for the Yamaha Pocketrax...... some vid too of Indy....

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2010, 03:50:05 PM »
Quote from: "scottieslittlesoftie"
Quote from: "hawk900"
Ain't nothing like getting the perfect level glow on and getin down and jamming your favourite tunes.     This drunken rambling has go to go. How would you like it if you were a guitar player starting of a song and then some guy starts to mumble some lyrics,hymes or whatever the hell is rambling through his mind right as you are getting the intro going.
  I'd find it very insulting especially since he's be doing it since the last several sucker trains.
Not cool Scott with no class and disrespect for you fellow musicians.
hawk.

Actually, I am a guitar player in a band for more years than I'd like to remember.... if I didn't like what my singer was doing, I'd fire them and get a replacement.... or suck it up because I need them for the $.....perhaps we can exchange our own stories since even being in a "nothing" band provides you with opportunities to experience the politics, crap and fun of performing..... Is it really drunkin rambling or posturing... the rock star image?  Being true to what the average fan expects?  I understand your opinion... and quite frankly... I agree but as a guitar player, I would have a choice to keep the person or boot them the hell out..... believe me.. we've gone through a few band members over the years.... but... Scott's image and people's perception of him are (I believe) bigger than he is..... the other day I was talking to someone that I had met about our STP trib band (that I sing in so I'm the waste case) and the guy said to me... "Did you know that Scott cannot enter Canada?  He's a wanted man.. the RCMP have to accompany him everywhere...."  I thought that this was funny.  Back to your point thought... I find what is interesting are that the shows which were filmed on this last mini tour were bang on...... so whatever is going on, I guess that we can chose to go along for the rock n roll ride or just not partake.... I enjoy whether he's rambling, stumbling, falling or slurring...... Dean, Robert and Eric have a choice..... as do we, the fans..... if Scott needs help, I hope that he gets it...... again...... but it's just  Scott being Scott and the band knows this......

Oh yeah I played lead guitar in an american/canadian band that had steady wednesday/saturday gigs for 3 and a half years. WE broke up over our drummer's incompetence. Oh and yes this is drunken jibberish rambling from what ever planet this is coming from.  He rambles on continuously and keeps going on even after Eric counts it off.
 My band was called"AssemblyRequired" and I had a library of around 180 tunes in my head that I could call up at will and it all went down the sewers when we booted our drummer. We just couldnt find another satisfactory guy and completely dissolved the band.
 hawk
ps. Yes he better be getting the demons out right now for the next leg.

hurtstotalktoyou

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2010, 04:27:26 PM »
Quote from: "scottieslittlesoftie"
Scott drinks?  Really.. I saw the TMZ vid.. I know all about that..... there are lots of musicians on tour facing pressures.. these tour dates were and are nothing compared to bands like AC/DC...  I love Scott and enjoyed him and his antics in both Detroit and Indy.... I also realize (as a musician myself) that it is also tough as he is expected to also portray a certain image.... if Scott was dull like a lot of other frontmen, we would have nothing to talk about... however.. word is out there from fans and media questioning the band's lifespan... this is nothing new..... I am surprised (and pleased) that Scott has lived as long as he has.....

If Mr. Weiland is drinking, that can't be good.  I hope it's only a rumor.
my trading list[/url]
[url=http://comebac