September 28, 2024, 08:35:50 PM

Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Reunited (70% chance of BS)  (Read 39250 times)

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Velvet Revolver Reunited (70% chance of BS)
« Reply #225 on: May 25, 2012, 11:37:07 PM »
He told Stern he needed $60k a month.  He may have said he needed that much to break even; perhaps he meant he needed $60k enough to maintain his lifestyle.  Hopefully it is the later.

That could be possible though.  I don't know his financial situation, so I'm just estimating.  That's 720k a year.  I wouldn't be surprised if that was, say, 20% of his annual income.  Which seems to be pretty standard for people who actually have to pay out this bullshit settlement.  He gets a substantial royalty check every quarter, albums, merch, clothing line (does this still exist?) and some pretty extensive touring over the last few years.  Wouldn't be surprised to see the guy clear 4-5 million annually at all.  In fact that seems like a pretty low figure to be honest.

Janny la de da

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 26, 2012, 12:31:38 AM »
He told Stern he needed $60k a month.  He may have said he needed that much to break even; perhaps he meant he needed $60k enough to maintain his lifestyle.  Hopefully it is the later.

That could be possible though.  I don't know his financial situation, so I'm just estimating.  That's 720k a year.  I wouldn't be surprised if that was, say, 20% of his annual income.  Which seems to be pretty standard for people who actually have to pay out this bullshit settlement.  He gets a substantial royalty check every quarter, albums, merch, clothing line (does this still exist?) and some pretty extensive touring over the last few years.  Wouldn't be surprised to see the guy clear 4-5 million annually at all.  In fact that seems like a pretty low figure to be honest.

I do believe he also said on Stern that he had investments, so if push came to shove, he can draw from those. Either way though, 60K/month is a LOT of money, shit, I don't even make that a year lol Not sure how long alimony is good for, I believe here in Canada it's only 3-5 years, but he's also got young kids, and we all know if you're famous, the cost of raising those kids mysteriously quadruples!  Can't help but to feel for the guy, he always looks so dejected and resigned when he talks about his life.  I would love to see him genuinely happy for a change.
I am, I am, I said, I'm not myself...

Manxita

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Sour girl / happy girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2012, 04:22:34 PM »
If I remember correctly he said he needed 60K a month to maintain his lifestyle, and it was total, not just alimony...I also remember Stern asking him if he was broke, and Scott said no, that he had investments and property and a retirement fund...
"I am trampled under sole of another man's shoes...Guess I walked too softly"

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 02, 2012, 08:21:06 PM »
Wicked, your opinion of him as a song writer and a person has literally nothing to do with his status as a celebrity, which is what Shannon was talking about.

Drew06

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 03, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »
Does anyone know what Doug wrote to Slash?

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 03, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
I think Scott made the comments about VR being back together just to hear Slash react to it in interviews. Kind of in a smart-assed way to get Slash all riled up.

As long as VR are not continuing on, I'll be happy.
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #231 on: June 03, 2012, 09:48:30 PM »
Does anyone know what Doug wrote to Slash?

Im very interested in Doug comments too.

He erased the tweet shortly after he had send it.
Seems like you left me when you broke down

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2012, 11:51:30 PM »
I think Scott made the comments about VR being back together just to hear Slash react to it in interviews. Kind of in a smart-assed way to get Slash all riled up.

I don't know... isn't this assuming a little too much? They confirmed that Scott and Dave had talked about things, and that it was a misunderstanding. I'm guessing that Dave and Scott wanted to get VR started again, and Scott announced some things without having the full story...
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

ShaneC

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 04, 2012, 05:21:19 PM »

I don't know... isn't this assuming a little too much? They confirmed that Scott and Dave had talked about things, and that it was a misunderstanding. I'm guessing that Dave and Scott wanted to get VR started again, and Scott announced some things without having the full story...

No, I don't think it's assuming too much. Slash has said that Dave and Duff told him they knew nothing about why Scott may have made those comments, outside of a minor exchange a while ago. I doubt Scott would make serious announcements based on just something him and Dave talked about. There are 3 other members of that band. So, I think it was more of a passive-aggressive thing, on Scotts part, directed toward the biggest holdout, being Slash.

Since none of us know the full story, however, everything is an assumption.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:26:03 PM by ShaneC »
You dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on Whore Island!

- Ron Burgundy

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 05, 2012, 07:34:19 AM »
Hey,

Here's a clip of Dave talking about it. He says they are all working on other projects and have to wait till everyone is free at the same time [size=78%]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwP1HfFcSWI[/size]

I hate to think it, but I bet VR get back together and tour with a new album. Who cares what slash says, its more than likely just to get people talking about them again. I mean Slash is in love with being in a big touring act and I'm sure he loves the cash too, he's no retard, this is probably his last chance at really being viable with a real band on radio.

That being said, I really hope there is a new STP record before a new VR record, but it does not look like that'll happen...... I pray I'm wrong.....

One love,
-Chase

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 05, 2012, 08:00:30 AM »
Hey,

Here's a clip of Dave talking about it. He says they are all working on other projects and have to wait till everyone is free at the same time [size=78%]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwP1HfFcSWI[/size]

I hate to think it, but I bet VR get back together and tour with a new album. Who cares what slash says, its more than likely just to get people talking about them again. I mean Slash is in love with being in a big touring act and I'm sure he loves the cash too, he's no retard, this is probably his last chance at really being viable with a real band on radio.

That being said, I really hope there is a new STP record before a new VR record, but it does not look like that'll happen...... I pray I'm wrong.....

One love,
-Chase

That seems like an up-to-date interview.  And he sure seems more optimistic than Slash...and I suppose more than Duff, whose only comment was on Twitter.

I was at that benefit, and it was awesome.  Obviously they can perform together.  The question is can the WRITE together.

Something tells me some festivals--like perhaps the Christmas ones--would come before a new album ever would.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 05, 2012, 02:38:09 PM »
What does Dave say in that video^^? Can't watch right now because I'm at work and I'm really curious
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Veesk

• Co-Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 05, 2012, 02:57:32 PM »
It's a reposted video from the benefit gig, just with a different voice over. Pretty poor reporting really