September 16, 2024, 08:08:22 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland Rehab Rumors might be True  (Read 10797 times)

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland Rehab Rumors might be True
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 12:41:17 AM »
If he is indeed back on drugs, it isn't shocking. Plus considering some of Scott's past behavior, I've wondered if he may have Obsessive-Compulsive Behavior along with bipolar. Hopefully it's all false suspicion.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 12:44:09 AM by Violet Skies »
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 02:01:46 AM »
If he is indeed back on drugs, it isn't shocking. Plus considering some of Scott's past behavior, I've wondered if he may have Obsessive-Compulsive Behavior along with bipolar. Hopefully it's all false suspicion.

Its not drugs. He does take bipolar meds. So he's not suppose to drink on them.
Its not drugs that has him needing to take some time to get help with. Its the drinking.

He'll be ok though. I've got total confidence in him. As always.

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 02:20:23 AM »

Its not drugs. He does take bipolar meds. So he's not suppose to drink on them.
Its not drugs that has him needing to take some time to get help with. Its the drinking.

He'll be ok though. I've got total confidence in him. As always.

Good, I want you to be right (on that he'll be ok). I've heard before he's said he doesn't take any medication for bipolar, but he could've started taking prescription drugs since. However, it doesn't change my mind on his possibility of having OCD. Hopefully not, if for no other reason, the drug addiction.

Shannon

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • I knew the questions but I lost the answers...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 03:15:34 AM »
Man, that body has taken some serious abuse over the years. Sad thought, but you gotta wonder how much more it can withstand..
Favorite STP songs at the moment: Hazey Daze, Fast as I Can, I Got You, Pruno

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 03:37:11 AM »
Man, that body has taken some serious abuse over the years. Sad thought, but you gotta wonder how much more it can withstand..

Smoking, drugs, alcoholism...Scott has obviously lucked out to inherit some very resilient genes.

Many of us would be dead by now, me included.

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 05:30:02 AM »

Smoking, drugs, alcoholism...Scott has obviously lucked out to inherit some very resilient genes.

Many of us would be dead by now, me included.

Think he's related to Keith Richards?? Hahaha!!

Ajax11

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 07:23:15 AM »
Yea, 16th time is a charm Scott!!

Sorry, I'm just pissed because he has got to be one of the most talented vocalists of our generation and he's managed to piss it all away.

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 08:42:44 AM »

Sorry, I'm just pissed because he has got to be one of the most talented vocalists of our generation and he's managed to piss it all away.

And that's one reason why addiction sucks. I don't think he's pissed it all away, but that's just me.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 11:04:23 AM »

Lol wut? Pissed it all away? 10 studio albums, I don't even know how many hundred shows, and he's still playing with the same band he was when his career started.... What else?

Scott has accomplished more while on crack and heroin than most of us will in our entire goddamn lives. A couple of lost opportunities here and there, but given the circumstances, I feel like he has more than made up for it. He's a little slower and his voice is a little worse for wear, but he's still alive and kicking and I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon. After this little break, anyways.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 11:07:57 AM by andrew »
Bleeda blooda

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 01:59:06 PM »
I think he is taking a break to get his voice back to the way it was. Not rehab.
adhesive love

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 04:13:37 PM »
I think his bladder is still half full :) We never know what coulda been, but I agree that they didn't work as hard as they should've, when they were in the spotlight. Purple-tour was way too short, so was Tiny Music's tour (thx to Scott). I'm also guessing they missed other stuff too when Scott was chasing the dragon, who knows (tv-appearances, soundtracks etc.) A lot of people probably couldn't (and still can't see) him as anything but a junkie and they want their stars safe like Bon Jovi.
It's undeniable some really great stuff has come out of this guy creatively, more or less thanks to his problems, but it's a vicious circle. Always a price to pay.
I had the midwife naked and alone

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 05:21:39 PM »
Well... to those who can't see Scott as anything else other then a junkie I say "FUCK YOU" and be god damn grateful you have no personal knowledge of how hard it is to be an addict and have to live your personal struggles & stumbles under a microscope.

I'm PROUD to be a Scott Weiland fan. And when people see him as weak when he has something he struggles with, I see him as strong and admire him more for doing what he needs to do. Putting himself & his health first has to be hard right now. The pressure to just keep out on the road & honor the shows has got to be just crazy. And yet thank god he said he needed to pause for a moment & do what he needs to get healthy.

He won't be slurring durring the talking in between songs anymore & will be refreshed when he comes back.