October 01, 2024, 08:31:28 PM

Author Topic: TheAudioperv.com Interviews Eric Kretz  (Read 7131 times)

UnclePeppi

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: TheAudioperv.com Interviews Eric Kretz
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 06:44:01 AM »
i'll be honest, based on the new songs out now i'm not sure how much core we are getting on this record :)

secondly, i personally didn't detect any sarcasm regarding the last question (playing core all the way through). although i did think it was weird that he was like "oh yeah definitely we'll be doing this" as if it were a given! could be sarcasm, but given that this is the first time kretz has ever spoken, it's hard to interpret :)

TemplePilot

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 10:53:54 AM »
Good interview.  No fluff, just questions people want answers to.

Also, in that one link I heard Eric talk more than I have over the last 18 years.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 01:26:51 PM »
Quote from: "Sweilandlvsu"
The first time I saw them live was in New Orleans in June of 2000, the best out of the four times I've seen them live.  They were playing covers towards the end of the show, one inparticular was "Jumpin Jack Flash" and it was absolutely fucking great!!!  They injected their brand of live "stomp" and made it their own.  I have searched file sharing sites off and on for years since hoping to find a recording but no luck.  Hope to see a little of that when they start touring the states this summer.

I have this, but they don't peform the whole song.......Scott mentions only knowing the chorus (too funnny) and he mumbles through the 1st verse.
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 03:40:11 PM »
This interview simply nails it and answers a lot of questions that us diehard STP fans been wanting to ask for quite awhile! I do like the fact that Kretz said the new album has a Core and No.4 vibe to it cause I was expecting him to say maybe Purple or Tiny Music lol. Plus I mean how often do we get to hear him being in an interview when they mostly talk to Scott and the DeLeo bros which makes this interview golden!

O0

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 07:59:17 PM »
Jeez, each interview is better than the last! I would love to hear Core live all the way through. "Naked Sunday" & "Where the River Goes" haven't been played since probably the Core tour. Eric is one cool dude.

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 08:34:40 PM »
I really wonder why Naked Sunday hasn't been played since the Core tours?  It's such a fantastic song and used to be a real barnburner live.  I can understand not playing Where The River goes since it's a longer song, but they should really consider playing Naked Sunday again outside of a potential "album" tour.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 11:48:14 PM »
When he says the album is more like Core and No. 4, he doesn't mean its going to be hard like those records, but more straight up rock songs (mainly just guitar, drums, bass and vocals; no other shenanigans or crazy experimental like stuff).
adhesive love

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 11:51:41 PM »
as far as core goes my fav off there is Piece of pie i actually heard its scotts fav to from core to play live

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 02:49:13 PM »
The only downside for them doing their own festival would be the possibility of a shortened set.

Motley Crue used to play for a little over 2 hours before they started their Crue Fest. Now they go for 80 minutes, sometimes 90. However, Motley could easily solve that problem by starting the festival earlier, thus making it possible for them to take the stage at 9 and play until 11.

Here's hoping that STP gives a "complete" show this summer.
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 04:15:13 PM »
I hate festivals.

The only time I get stuck going is if STP is headlining, and there's nothing I can do about it.  Ex: Rolling Rock, Rock on the Range.

I think I'm just too old for all that.  So here's to hoping Scott was kidding, and that the boys will just tour like normal.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!