September 25, 2024, 05:20:06 PM

Author Topic: Spinner: STP Plan New Album and 'Long' Tour in 2010  (Read 9762 times)

artsyblacksmith

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Spinner: STP Plan New Album and 'Long' Tour in 2010
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 11:52:53 PM »
As a fan i want stp to get the recognition they deserve and if making a great album takes a while to do, so be it!  I think great music does matter because as a fan of music i only buy the bands that put effort in their music and live performances. I think that is a very big deal, especially nowadays. I think with all the music business in a rut it should push all bands to put forth their best efforts in order to make money. Stp is a live band and a musical band and thats all they are. Very old fashioned in how they approach the music business. Always have and always will and thats pretty respectful.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2009, 02:19:20 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "Shangri"
We all want the record in our hands, that's a fact, but is that bad waiting?

I'm not worry about how much this record will sell, nowadays it doesn't matter, back in the days it might've meant something, now it's not longer about music quality.
And I actually like STP is not a "mass consumption" band. When a band turns to that, as fan you lose many little privileges. So, I don't care about the management work, if STP doesn't take care of those business, don't see how can affect me

As fans, what privileges do we have to lose? Anything and everything having to do with STP costs money.

We know for a fact that almost every show has professional quality audio recordings done, but have we heard any of it?

We had 1 video of Scott checking in from the tour, but aside from that, they've never updated the journal on their website, they've not once followed the set builder, and the guy that everybody wants to see goes straight to his bus after shows.

I love STP, and I love the music that they make, but if you think they actually give us anything besides a damn good live show, we must be talking about different bands.

And no, I'm not complaining about it, I'm just stating the facts.

You'd think the internet is the ultimate way to connect with fans.......
this album has been delayed and taken so long because of Scott, i will buy the album and my biggest excitement is to hear Rob and Dean and Eric the most, what i loved about Scott is gone somewhere else and i'm not gonna go buy or spend money on anything else cuz i was one of the idiots that spent his money on delayed shirts fake set builder, and all the bullshit. he can go to his bus after every show and count all his money i just know it won't longer be mine.
If you only knew..

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 02:30:06 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"

I'm not worry about how much this record will sell, nowadays it doesn't matter, back in the days it might've meant something, now it's not longer about music quality.
And I actually like STP is not a "mass consumption" band. When a band turns to that, as fan you lose many little privileges. So, I don't care about the management work, if STP doesn't take care of those business, don't see how can affect me

As fans, what privileges do we have to lose? Anything and everything having to do with STP costs money.

We know for a fact that almost every show has professional quality audio recordings done, but have we heard any of it?

We had 1 video of Scott checking in from the tour, but aside from that, they've never updated the journal on their website, they've not once followed the set builder, and the guy that everybody wants to see goes straight to his bus after shows.

I love STP, and I love the music that they make, but if you think they actually give us anything besides a damn good live show, we must be talking about different bands.

this album has been delayed and taken so long because of Scott, i will buy the album and my biggest excitement is to hear Rob and Dean and Eric the most, what i loved about Scott is gone somewhere else and i'm not gonna go buy or spend money on anything else cuz i was one of the idiots that spent his money on delayed shirts fake set builder, and all the bullshit. he can go to his bus after every show and count all his money i just know it won't longer be mine.
I definitely think this is Scott's fault.  I mean obviously we don't know for sure, but you have to go with history on this.  He's always been the guy to fuck shit up for the band.  If it was up to Rob, Dean, and Eric the album would be out next month and there would be a rotating setlist with rarities.  I would guess there would be some more fan interaction too if Scott cooperated.  Sometimes I wonder what is really going on in the band.  I look forward to their group interviews in 2010.  I am VERY happy we are getting an album though, but Scott changing the release date every other week is very tiring.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 02:32:20 AM »

I wasn't talking about what products the management/STP offers to us or how much they let us be part of it. I also "talked" all the time in first person, this is MY situation, we're in different parts of the world, it changes radically the things (that's the reason why I decided not quoting nobody). Those "little previleges" I mentioned nothing has to do, again, with what they offer.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 06:20:53 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"

I definitely think this is Scott's fault.  I mean obviously we don't know for sure, but you have to go with history on this.  He's always been the guy to fuck shit up for the band.  If it was up to Rob, Dean, and Eric the album would be out next month and there would be a rotating setlist with rarities.  I would guess there would be some more fan interaction too if Scott cooperated.  Sometimes I wonder what is really going on in the band.  I look forward to their group interviews in 2010.  I am VERY happy we are getting an album though, but Scott changing the release date every other week is very tiring.

I could even tell with the whole VR thing man, alot of fans upset with him showing up late and people had Axl chants going on and shit, i mean its rock n roll i dont expect you to be sober or be a saint but repect the fact that i paid you so i could watch you perform and feel like you appreciate the fact that your fans are there. i had plenty of flashbacks from the tiny music tour..... i understand that Scott is limited on songs we will never hear songs like regeneration or shit like that but i also commented on the fact that i knew he could pull 7ct and meatplow that performance of meatplow was fine why remove it???? it's very ridiculous even AIC provided album info and studio snippets but again Scott is too busy being Scott and i feel bad for the rest of those guys but whatever i'm sure they can't wait for the fuckin thing to come out and go on tour after this shit we know he'll have his 3rd solo album coming up which i also said he was probably working on during this, his post of recording with Doug in the studio had nothing to do with STP, if i were in his shoes i would try to close the STP chapter the right way not half ass it and no one here can say it hasn't been cuz there is no excuse why things have been so shitty and disappointing, they have all the resources and if this album sells well its gonna be because it's been yrs since we got an album not because of the music quality, if they release another after this nobody outside of us is gonna give a damn, i mean if this is what things are like after their BIG REUNION i can't imagine what it would be like after they're done.

people bitch and say we are no one to demand things from them but......we kinda do lol we are the ones feeding them and they're children and the least we expect is a bit of gratitude or appreciation, what do we need a fan appreciation day??? it's fuckin bullshit lol it's worse than the libertad promotion and you know what i believe Slash... Scott's management must be the worst in the world but then again these are the same people that manage Axl rose.
If you only knew..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 12:03:19 PM »
If that's true about his management, that probably has a lot to do why there is never any decent promotion for anything Scott or STP has done in the past few years. I think Chinese Democracy could have done a lot better if it was released differently. I didn't think the album was that great, but it's a damn shame it was only sold in Best Buys. A quick Google search tells me that there are 2705 Walmarts in the United States. There are 852 Best Buys. AC/DC's Black Ice went platinum, Chinese Democracy barely went gold. People obviously shop at Walmart more than Best Buy, not only because there are more stores, you can get necessities at Walmart. Not just expensive electronics.

I hope STP doesn't do a release exclusive to a certain store. It doesn't affect me because I'll buy it on Amazon, but it will definitely affect record sales/chart positions. And nobody should say they don't care about chart positions because it's their legacy releasing what could be it's final body of work and those 4 guys deserve to have everybody in the world listening to the music they write and enjoying it.

Of course it all comes down to the people, who in my opinion have extremely poor taste in just about everything these days.
Bleeda blooda

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 07:32:31 PM »
Chinese Democracy  did go platinum without any promotion but thats cuz it's got the name GNR on it and the whole 15 yrs in the making deal, STP can't top that and the whole Walmart thing....i guessing Axl did best buy because of the explicit content or because he watched the south park episode about wal mart...

this is all Irving Azoff management, VR decided to get different management and Scott stuck with this guy, i remember the hype for chinese democracy then Axl went and sign with this guy and there was nothing left after that, so then u got all these guys from the new GNR doing all the talking about the tour and the new album.....kinda like the rest of VR talking about VR without Scott being around or STP doing all sorts of interviews without Scott..the only times you can really catch all of them being interviewed is probably before they perform or after, i believe Dean and Rob had to do all the talking on what songs they were gonna play and all that. just bad bad bad management.
If you only knew..

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2009, 08:00:23 PM »
we can point fingers and place blame all we want but the fact of the matter is they just dont care that much anymore. they've been doing this STP thing for over 15 years i'm sure putting out an album under that name and sound has lost a bit of its excitement. this has been made blatantly obvious by the contrast in enthusiasm scott's had with his solo band/record and STP. lets face it they're all in their 40s (dean almost 50s) they're not gonna approach the making and marketing of an STP record the same way they did when they were debuting in their 20s. sure i bet there's some fun left in it for them but money's gotta be playing a huge factor here.

personally, i'm just happy they're out (alive) still making music and we have a new STP record on the horizon and potentially more scott solo work. this is just the way things work in life and none of us should really be complaining, all things considered. we're all extremely lucky to have scott and stp still making music and touring.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2009, 08:13:40 PM »
Very well said ^^
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2009, 08:24:19 PM »
Quote from: "Slither"
we can point fingers and place blame all we want but the fact of the matter is they just dont care that much anymore. they've been doing this STP thing for over 15 years i'm sure putting out an album under that name and sound has lost a bit of its excitement. this has been made blatantly obvious by the contrast in enthusiasm scott's had with his solo band/record and STP. lets face it they're all in their 40s (dean almost 50s) they're not gonna approach the making and marketing of an STP record the same way they did when they were debuting in their 20s. sure i bet there's some fun left in it for them but money's gotta be playing a huge factor here.

personally, i'm just happy they're out (alive) still making music and we have a new STP record on the horizon and potentially more scott solo work. this is just the way things work in life and none of us should really be complaining, all things considered. we're all extremely lucky to have scott and stp still making music and touring.

I would consider myself lucky if i got the album for free. I think it's great that theyre together making music but that doesn't make me lucky.

them being tired of doing it has nothing to do with given your fans something back or at least doing shit the right way for them or to even consider them.
If you only knew..

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 09:25:48 PM »
Who can blame them for not being totally excited with a fanbase like this? 80% of the people who go to see them only know the hits, and the other 20% are so self centered they whine anytime STP does anything. They're releasing a new album, but they're not releasing it now, so they've betrayed the fanbase! They're together and playing live, but God dammit they're only playing 7 deep cuts, so they've betrayed the fan base!

I'll tell you this, that 80% that doesn't know the deep cuts seems a hell of a lot more loyal right now. Somehow they're the only one's who can enjoy a band for what it is and not what you want it to be.

A lot of people are talking about respecting the fans, how about some fucking respect for the band?
Grab the hate and drown it out...

bigemptycreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2009, 03:55:11 AM »
I just hope a "long tour" implies outside US. Anything else I can wait, don't really care when

oh, don't worry, they'll be coming to Canada for sure  ;D  ;D  ;D

bigemptycreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2009, 04:06:52 AM »
Quote from: "Blue"
Who can blame them for not being totally excited with a fanbase like this? 80% of the people who go to see them only know the hits, and the other 20% are so self centered they whine anytime STP does anything. They're releasing a new album, but they're not releasing it now, so they've betrayed the fanbase! They're together and playing live, but God dammit they're only playing 7 deep cuts, so they've betrayed the fan base!

I'll tell you this, that 80% that doesn't know the deep cuts seems a hell of a lot more loyal right now. Somehow they're the only one's who can enjoy a band for what it is and not what you want it to be.

A lot of people are talking about respecting the fans, how about some fucking respect for the band?

Possibly a bit overstated, but well put....

They can't come out to a show for 10,000 people or however many and just play YOUR favorites. I saw them play 7CT live in July and you know what...everyone except me and Hawk stopped singing(basically...I don't know if he was actually singing, but it's funnier if I mention him too). It was awesome hearing that song, as much as I liked it before I appreciated it even more after seeing it live. Can't say I would say the same for most of the other people though, maybe they went home and tried to DL it if they don't own a copy of Tiny Music. I would pay to see them play all of Core(even with a wet my bed interlude) and Purple and then go home happy. My favorite song isn't even on either of those albums, but that's the STP I like best. I just want to be a part of the show, really, our favorite STP song or the song we WANT to hear is the song THEY want to play for us.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2009, 03:56:31 PM »
Quote from: "bigemptycreep"
I just hope a "long tour" implies outside US. Anything else I can wait, don't really care when

oh, don't worry, they'll be coming to Canada for sure  ;D  ;D  ;D

Thank you! It's a relief, that's all I wanted :D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"