September 19, 2024, 08:19:37 AM

Author Topic: 2008-12-13 - Universal City, CA - KROQ Acoustic Xmas  (Read 23368 times)

Marsbars

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: wow this is amazing
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2009, 06:44:21 AM »
dont flame me but i think hes trying to sound like he did in velvet revolver
cause the world is colorblind

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2009, 06:57:27 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "Blue"
You guys do realize he's intentionally singing it badly, right? If you listen to the last 2/3 of most of the performances he sings it properly at certain points, just a few notes lower.

I don't believe that he intentionally sang it bad on every stop on the tour though. He doesn't really have the raspy falsetto at all anymore. Tiny Music was the only album we heard it on, and that was over 10 years ago.

I really wish he would quit smoking.

on point. he has a smoker's voice if i've ever heard one, at least at this show. his vocals were money when i saw STP last may maybe this was just one of those shows he didnt have it all or he was congested or something. and the idea that he sings his songs badly on purpose really doesnt make much sense to me.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2009, 07:12:52 AM »
thats cuz he doesnt lol his voice changed in VR twice during the Libertad tour they tuned down so he could hit the notes easier and he tries to work the whole bowie thing to his favor we will never hear sour girl and some others sound the way they did before but at least he still tries and all can you imagine him trying to sing "hello it's late" that'd be very tough for him even the bridge for atlanta sounds wayyy different but like i sad at least he tries and all.
If you only knew..

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2009, 07:59:56 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
thats cuz he doesnt lol his voice changed in VR twice during the Libertad tour they tuned down so he could hit the notes easier and he tries to work the whole bowie thing to his favor we will never hear sour girl and some others sound the way they did before but at least he still tries and all can you imagine him trying to sing "hello it's late" that'd be very tough for him even the bridge for atlanta sounds wayyy different but like i sad at least he tries and all.

completely forgot about how they tuned down during the libertad tour. i remember this especially because when they went into superhuman, i flipped for a split second because i thought it was sweet child o mine. although the intro always sounded kinda like sweet child o' mine to me, it did even more so than usual this time around because they tuned down, so the first note of the song became the same first note of SCOM. i thought they were gonna perform it for like a half second, it was wild haha
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

raypo

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-12-13 - Universal City, CA - KROQ Acoustic Xmas
« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2009, 12:07:35 PM »
I'd really want to see the show.
can someone send me a link?
The one on youtube's got a little lag with the sound and the video.

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2009, 04:13:54 PM »
It's kinda sad when pro athletes try to make come backs or play past their prime... If Scott's voice doesn't improve over the next few months than it will be more like that for me.
adhesive love

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2009, 04:28:12 PM »
It won't this is his voice now and it's been like that since libertad, the whole "oh he needs time of to rest his voice"  i lost my voice to chronic laryngitis, i thought i was never gonna come back then after a month i started feeling better and it came back a week later so it was over a month.......as a singer you only need 2 days of no screaming no whistling no laughing out loud and no certaing types of liquids in order to get your voice back in shape and oh you need at least 9 hours of sleep you have got to sleep well for your voice to sound well, Scott had days and months to recover, this is just the result of a lot of things and Scott has been doing the Bowie thing to work for him with his voice but it can be pretty funny when he does it for STP songs lol
If you only knew..

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2009, 09:18:56 PM »
Moved to correct forum.

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 02, 2009, 07:09:23 AM »
Went out to dinner with my girlfriend.  We met up with an old friend of hers.  We started talking about shows, we mentioned STP cuz we saw them on the barricade in July in Vegas...

Anyway, he said he was at the Acoustic Christmas, and STP was literally the worst band he had ever seen.  He said he was really excited cuz he had never seen them, and was just utterly disappointed.

I had to convince him to give them another shot.

Made me kinda sad, though...

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2009, 11:53:10 AM »
The Kroq show Scott had little energy.
hawk