September 25, 2024, 03:15:25 PM

Author Topic: DesignByHumans.com STP T-Shirt Design Contest  (Read 11222 times)

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
Re: STP T-Shirt designs!
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2010, 04:27:57 AM »
Quote from: "Silvergun92"
Quote from: "Shangri"
The designs winning are awful! There are loads of better stuff including yours.

There are 3 shirts to be picked i believe...Let's clear this up.

the One that's picked from the DBH list isnt even allowed to have STP stuff included...so that's why the one with the bird is in there. Also, the band will pick one...and that one will have STP stuff in it. And then theres the people's choice one...which could be anything.

I know, and they are still awful ;D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2010, 07:39:22 AM »
Quote from: "Silvergun92"
Quote from: "Shangri"
The designs winning are awful! There are loads of better stuff including yours.

There are 3 shirts to be picked i believe...Let's clear this up.

the One that's picked from the DBH list isnt even allowed to have STP stuff included...so that's why the one with the bird is in there. Also, the band will pick one...and that one will have STP stuff in it. And then theres the people's choice one...which could be anything.

If you dig a little deeper, you'll see that there are regular designers on that site who are just getting fellow designers to help them win a contest... regardless of how unfitting the designs may be.  They aren't even fans!  Most of the shirts are just people trying to win a contest, rather than trying to design a shirt FOR THE BAND.

The problem is that a unrelated shirt is in the lead, so it may win the contest without STP design elements, AND win the "people's choice".  (Which is just whoever is a popular artist on that site apparently.)  So it's just a shame in my opinion, because here we are as fans with a chance to vote on what merchandise will be available in the future, and we're letting this t-shirt design community dictate what will win.  :'(

Like I said... it's all completely subjective, but as a STP fan for over 15 years, I can appreciate some of the great designs that actually fit the band, and actually make sense.  Unfortunately the best designs in the contest are nowhere near the lead.  I obviously love my own designs, but there are at least 2-3 other shirts I'd buy if they won.  Either way, it'd just be nice to have some cool new STP merchandise, and be able to say I had a hand in it.   (Plus it'd be nice to donate $200 back to BelowEmpty, and this community.)
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 06:40:10 AM »
When are the picks announced? I'm getting impatient.

JoHAN_SOLO

• The Big Grizzler's groovin'
  • Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
    • JoHAN SOLO
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2010, 12:40:06 AM »

I love the My only cigarette design. Nice one, STEAK!

My favourite is: Peacoat Cover Guitar
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:44:16 AM by JoHAN_SOLO »

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile