September 25, 2024, 12:24:18 AM

Author Topic: 2009-01-23- Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of the Living Arts  (Read 8472 times)

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-01-23- Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of the Living Arts
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2009, 09:29:34 PM »
So i'm still alive. Barely. Successful bachelor party and the show was definitely the highlight. Scott was the most healthy/coherent/positive/energetic I've seen him all year. My buddies loved it and the show was fantastic. The fame cover was amazing live. I can't stand beautiful day, and honestly even that was mezmorizing as bubbles sprayed the entire stage.  I can't express enough how fun it was and the venue was really intimate. I will tell you guys that the bootlegs I've heard of this tour were weak vocally, but my confidence in scotts ability was completely restored. He's bounced back again. He sounded incredible live, and he is definitely still a second to none showman. Doug is a ridiculous guitar player. As a guitar player I have to say that the guy who criticized his playing is pretty uninformed. Suprisingly missing Cleveland was not that great and I hate reel as an opener. Paralysis ROCKED, the 4 stp tunes were big hits of course, and killing me sweetly was killer. Blister was awesome and barbarella was maybe the peak for me.  Sorry for the poor sentence structure, time for me to go back to bed.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2009, 09:48:55 PM »
Quote from: "peronim"
-During one of the jams scott started playing the drums
That's AWESOME!!! I REALLY hope he does that on Tuesday! I'm so pumped!
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2009, 09:51:24 PM »
paralysis was suppose to be the first single there was a video for it also i remember seeing it and it was quickly removed from youtube the description said "leaked SW softdrive paralyzed" it didnt have the part at the end where he's just laying there either, then i found out that he decided to put "missing cleaveland" out for rock radio to play it and people would also be aware that hes got an album out since we'll never hear something like paralysis on the radio as much as the more "rock guitar" driven song like cleaveland.  idk i get what it is but its also silly i think it would have been a good first single either way and i couls see killing me sweetly, big black monster or blind confusion as singles
If you only knew..

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2009, 11:13:25 PM »
We upped the video here and it's here in the downloads  section in mp4 format.
Hawk.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2009, 11:16:21 PM »
yea but it came out months before it was officially released it was leaked twice.
If you only knew..

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2009, 12:51:57 AM »
Did he have an opening band?  Also just wondering what time he came onstage.  My tix for Wednesday say doors open at 7pm.  I'm alos wondering what kind of shape his voice will be in because he's doing an acoustic show first then the regular show.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2009, 06:34:42 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
So i'm still alive. Barely. Successful bachelor party and the show was definitely the highlight. Scott was the most healthy/coherent/positive/energetic I've seen him all year. My buddies loved it and the show was fantastic. The fame cover was amazing live. I can't stand beautiful day, and honestly even that was mezmorizing as bubbles sprayed the entire stage.  I can't express enough how fun it was and the venue was really intimate. I will tell you guys that the bootlegs I've heard of this tour were weak vocally, but my confidence in scotts ability was completely restored. He's bounced back again. He sounded incredible live, and he is definitely still a second to none showman. Doug is a ridiculous guitar player. As a guitar player I have to say that the guy who criticized his playing is pretty uninformed. Suprisingly missing Cleveland was not that great and I hate reel as an opener. Paralysis ROCKED, the 4 stp tunes were big hits of course, and killing me sweetly was killer. Blister was awesome and barbarella was maybe the peak for me.  Sorry for the poor sentence structure, time for me to go back to bed.

That is exactly how I felt after the Austin show (especially the bolded part).  Couldn't agree with you more, Juge.  

The band has definitely hit its stride now, and Scott sounds great again.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2009, 06:50:59 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"

I told you not to pay attention to those YouTube videos!   :D
I'm glad you guys had fun!!
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!