September 29, 2024, 08:34:46 PM

Author Topic: VR dropped by RCA  (Read 7139 times)

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: VR dropped by RCA
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 11:17:54 PM »
I just wanted to comment on this.   I have respect for everyone in VR, but the reason that I got into them was because of Scott.   But it also made me realize the talent of the other band members.  I think it was just a bad break up, and everyone has some blame.   I def. blame egos.  If you look back, they( I don't remember Scott doing this as much) were kind of bad mouthing Rick Rubin cuz things weren't working out.  That kind of blew up in their faces.   Same thing with Weiland's depature.  This whole record label thing just comes down to sales, it just means they aren't mainstream enough.   It's not all the band members fault though, cuz Scott was a part of Libertad too, and some of his antics in VR carried over to the STP tour.   Either way, I think VR was a success for them all and they were able to make millions.  I'm also glad that Scott was a part of it, but I think we all knew it would end this way at some point.   I can understand them wanting to continue on, but it doesn't seem like it is possible now, and maybe they just were in denial?

STP76

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 11:40:53 PM »
its too bad, but VR without scott is just nor VR. if they do hire a new singer they should get a new name as well

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 01:30:12 AM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
Quote from: "Shangri"
:o  but I don't think it's a big deal...  when they get what they are looking for ( ::)  ) RCA or other will wanna sign...
hope they find a singer and get in studio soon,  nobody never will make the idea of VR without Scott...  but they need do something, they are great together! and change the name... that's what really pisses me off  ::)
People think it's easy to just sign with another record company.

There aren't many of them left.
It's not like the old days, get dropped by Atlantic well then Warner Bros will pick you up or Capitol or Island Records or Epic...
They have merged and reformed to where you only have a small handful of companies to choose from or be signed to.
RCA which is owned by Bertelsmann combined a shit load of record labels to make Sony BMG. Which includes Epic, Columbia, Arista, Jive and Sony.... you ain't getting bigger than that.
Oddly enough they also own RED Distribution which is a backer in Scott's Softdrive Record label. RED backs a lot of the smaller Indie Labels.

They. Are. Done.

You're right girl, I didn't realize of the situation til I saw what the people were saying on VR forum... now I'm concern...maybe they don't play anymore together because now they don't have the need to find a singer to fullfit the contract... and I can't really trust they enjoy playing together...

Imagine VR signing with SoftDive...jaja! it would be funny... :D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 03:42:06 AM »
jaja!! ;D

that WOULD be hysterical!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 03:47:40 AM »
I thought this guy was in the top 3 choices for new singer, Slash and the boys said he has more charisma and stage prescense than Scott:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SKqj4KrmGnE
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 06:44:21 PM »
^^Wow! and propably they're right! he's great!! jajaj!

(he's a disaster ::) )
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 03:13:05 PM »
Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaahaha!

Ah.  I thought they didn't need our boy Scotty to "rawk."  lol.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

CREEP2

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »
Quote from: "MedicBarbie"
Damn.

Karma sucks.  :P
Well said could not agree more.
"I\'d suck dick for fashion and there was a time when I\'d suck dick for a crack hit,

Jeremy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 08:23:37 AM »
Not shocked at all. I'm surprised it took this long to be honest. They had their "hits" and in this day and age for a mainstream rock band like them was just going to sell less and less. Combine that with the fact they had no new singer planned at all, and it's no surprise they were dropped.

Really, I could give a shit less. I hated VR outside of maybe "She Builds Quick Machines". The guys in the band are all such arrogant, sexist, idiot "rock stars" to the point that they are such a joke band.

Scott made the right move.

~Jeremy~

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 03:10:48 PM »
I'm not that surprised either. There has been no progress with the band since Scott left. They should've moved faster.
If they try to get signed somewhere else then PLEASE find a new band name! Move on.
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

Jeremy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 12:48:05 PM »
And now the band is saying they requested to be dropped. Ugh. What pieces of shit.

~Jeremy~

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 05:38:11 PM »
^^link?
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

Jeremy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2008, 01:07:12 AM »
This is from various news sources, typical copy and paste stuff I guess.

"According to Velvet Revolver's manager and a recent press release, the band asked to leave label RCA.

The press release states "Finding the new lead singer for Velvet Revolver is a formidable task, and the remaining members knew this would be the case when they dismissed their former singer, Scott Weiland. So in June 2008, Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner approached RCA Records and asked to be released from their recording contract, as they felt they needed to have complete freedom to go through whatever process it would take to accomplish the goal…freedom from any timelines, pressures, influences or interests other than finding THE best guy. RCA Records honored the band's request."

Carl Stubner, the band's manager, says, "We're incredibly grateful to RCA and Ashley Newton for their passion and hard work and for the success they achieved with Velvet Revolver through the band's first two records. The band is thankful that RCA understood the task at hand and has allowed the band to continue on their own." Stubner added: "This band is comprised of some of the greatest rock musicians of the past three decades. They have built a brand with a solid foundation on a global level. And their sole focus has been, and continues to be, finding the singer/songwriter who will stand alongside them."

Credit: Blabbermouth.net"

~Jeremy~

Me(hdi)

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 10:07:15 AM »
Hey maybe now you can actually rip their new CD (if it ever comes out) without going through all the crap RCA made us go through for Contrabad.  Not that it matters anymore since Scott left because I sure as hell won't be buying it.