October 03, 2024, 09:41:19 AM

Author Topic: So last night I had a dream...  (Read 4036 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
So last night I had a dream...
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:25:42 PM »
STP was playing their first big concert of the year. The date of the new album's release was announced at a press conference before the show, and during the show the boys broke out some rarities and a new single. First they played Plush and Vasoline as usual, then they broke out Days of the Week.

After that they played Black Again. Here's where things get weird. Dean, Rob and Eric stepped away from their instruments and pulled out three violins to play Black Again as a string section. Then they did an improvisation where Rob and Eric went back to bass and drums while Dean played a banjo and Scott played lead guitar on a green Danelectro (and he was horrible).

Then, the coup de grace, they breakout the new single. It was called "Dancing in Sunshine" and it was identical to Piece of Pie except with a slightly different melody and new lyrics, including the chorus "this is not a piece of pie."

Yeah, weird dream
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
Re: So last night I had a dream...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 08:32:35 PM »
I still remember the dream I had where Scott was on wheel of fortune singing with the muppets.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: So last night I had a dream...
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 06:33:51 PM »
Last night I had a dream that STP was performing on Jimmy Kimmel Live and the first song they did was a brand new one! I even remember what it sounded like...kind of like a ballad with a Happy in Galoshes vibe in the verses but a really good, rockin' chorus. Scott had a big hat on with sunglasses and looked bald (kinda like he did back in like 99 when he had a mohawk and wore a hat) and the band was rocking out but then all the sudden Slash came out onstage and I remember being totally shocked. But Scott looked really happy and Slash started sharing vocal duties with Scott and the entire band (with Slash) just looked like they were all having a blast. Weird dream...
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007