September 29, 2024, 10:26:21 PM

Author Topic: Chance of Axl?  (Read 4152 times)

buddyboy101

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Chance of Axl?
« on: December 23, 2008, 04:32:43 AM »
With Scott in STP and Axl without a band, I think the stars are lining up for an Axl/VR (GnR) reunion.  If the money's right, I think anything's possible.  What do ya'll think?

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Chance of Axl?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 04:58:21 AM »
well they're on some list by the "heavies" and theyre 2nd zeppelin are first stp were like 11 along with creed lol but its like the bands that would get paid the most  its crazy how pink floyd is 3rd?!!!!!  cream got a shit load of money when they reunited and thats not even from the gig !! they try to find like an event usually tv even first and then a big venue event and lets say u dont sell out the place u still get paid that amount, motley crue and stp have been sucessful from this but motley crue made more money than they ever did in the 80's

if you are aware of axls latest statements ........you'd know that theres no reunion in a near future... :-[
If you only knew..

buddyboy101

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 06:43:17 AM »
yea i saw those stmts...but he was shooting from the hip.  plus the nasty stmts would make a reunion even more impactful.  all i know is weiland is better off w/out VR!

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 06:54:18 AM »
I have a better question,

Who cares?
Back for another one

stpnj2008

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 10:27:34 PM »
Axl is committed to new Guns, a reunion will never happen.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 10:42:49 PM »
I wish they'd either DO it & get it OVER with so I don't have to hear anymore about it, or better yet, I wish Axl would just go away! I never was a G&R's fan, but I can understand the appeal if you like that type of music. And I understand wanting a reunion, its only natural. But Axl seems to be hell bent on screwing himself & the band & the fans out of precious years that could be filled with making music & touring, the dude has some grudge it seems to me & just doesn't want to make anything easy.

If Scott were a jackass like Axl & would come out & do 3 songs, and then walk off & not finish the set, OVER & OVER to the point you as a fan never know if what you paid hard earned money for a ticket will give you a full show, or if you'll get the shaft, I wouldn't be too happy about him. But even in his WORST days, Scott played full shows, or at least if he didn't, he wasn't fucking it up on a regular basis to the point fans were bitching.

Axl is a asshat in my book & I can't stand how people think when he acts like a 2 year old & throws a fit, he's still awesome. Grow the fuck up. Play the fucking music, real hard I know. But he chose to be a musician, no one MADE him, Shut up & do your job!! Or get the fuck out of the buisness & stop stringing your fans along. It's not right.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 12:02:29 AM »
one thing alx and scott share , they have both played along slash and............................................theyre always late lol
If you only knew..

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 12:28:38 AM »
Yes... but Scott plays his FULL shows. Where Axl, its a gamble if you will get a full one or just a few songs before someone pisses him off & he storms offsatge NOT to return... He's forever a 2 year old.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 10:32:05 PM »
hahahah well leys just be glad he leaves now instead of jumping people or kickin them out the asshole..............i was reading some article that said weiland was turning into Axl it said something about how people were chanting gnr and duff told them quit it and scott said if they wanted gnr they could come on stage and sing the songs themselves so they crowd provoked soctt even more and he threw his megaphone lol
If you only knew..

STP76

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 12:28:21 AM »
GNR will regroup for a tour at some point, im sure of it. VR not so much. And if they did there would not be a joint tour thats for sure