September 17, 2024, 08:25:50 PM

Author Topic: 2008-05-25 - Wallingford, CT - Chevrolet Theatre  (Read 8070 times)

Curtis1158

Re: 2008-05-25 - Wallingford, CT - Chevrolet Theatre
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 01:01:13 AM »
I listened to about half of this show and this has to be the best the band has sounded so far. Dean on ILS threw some extra lead "noodles" and Too Cool Queenie was great. Scott hit all the notes, especially at the end. The second half of the show was smokin'. There has to be a broadcast somewhere along the way. This may be too cliche, but how about Hollywood Bitch at the Hollywood Bowl.

Somba Nova

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cobhammar.wordpress.com
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 05:50:55 AM »
the reviews for this show make me even more positive that they'll be amazing when i see them in july
In Here, We\'re All Anemic.

coma09

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 08:00:42 AM »
Quote from: "Curtis1158"
I listened to about half of this show and this has to be the best the band has sounded so far. Dean on ILS threw some extra lead "noodles" and Too Cool Queenie was great. Scott hit all the notes, especially at the end. The second half of the show was smokin'. There has to be a broadcast somewhere along the way. This may be too cliche, but how about Hollywood Bitch at the Hollywood Bowl.

thats one song i forgot about but now im thinkin its surprisin they didnt include it yet, though it is early in the tour

winston

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 09:55:13 AM »
i have always wanted to see these guys, and my buddy called and asked if i wanted to go.
i didn't even know they were back together!

this thread explained a lot, especially why the place wasn't sold out. so i'm feeling pretty lucky today.

great great show. can't wait to download it from that link (*thanks stphead*)
i was looking for a youtube video, but haven't found any.

Jay's Museum opened with Bennie and the Jets. It was pretty good, but it was downhill from there. the guy who plays bass and keyboards must be a fairly talented guy, and they could be a much better band if they would just get a good singer. They butchered heart of gold. i think they did another elton john song. had to get out of there. went into the lobby and a lot of people were saying how bad they sounded. they just need a good singer.

Believe those good reviews about STP. they were amazing! and it really builded up to a great peak as the show went on. Scott said something along the lines of how his life was going and how some songs mirror what is going on in his life at the time ... then they went into Sour Girl.

When they first came out i was struck by his 3 piece white suite. he was looking like the thin white duke.

the end was great with those kids.

great time and a great night out in backwater connecticut. lucky us.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 03:13:42 PM »
Quote from: "STPHEAD"
Man, I love love love this turnaround time.... Bootleg of the show now available here,

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/sho ... hp?t=59163

Yeah its great building a whole collection of the tour!!!!!!   5 out of six shows wow!!!

5-26-2008 is up over there as well!!!! 
 Hawkout!

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 05:09:45 PM »
I will try and move reviews to the Concert Chronology. If you want to send it there directly, please click this link:

http://www.belowempty.com/concerts.php? ... iew&id=842

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 05:38:35 PM »
Quote from: "stpfan77"
Wow dude. STP put on a blistering 20-song set. And if anybody would tell you they were subpar, believe me - i'd be the first. Very very strong. Starting to hit their stride people. Do NOT miss them. Weiland sounded awesome - and still showed some chops as a frontman. Not manic like the old days, but tight as hell - all the guys. Here's the set from memory, but I'm 99.9 percent sure this is right.

* Big Empty
* Wicked Garden
* BIg Bang Baby
* Silvergun SUperman
* Vasoline
* Loungefly
* Lady Picture Show
* Sour Girl
* Creep
* Crackerman
* Plush
* Interstate Love SOng
* Too Cool Queenie
* Coma
* Down
* All in the Suit that You Wear
* Sex Type Thing
* Sin (fucking AWESOME!)
* Dead & Bloated (1st encore)
* Trippin' on a Hole in my Paper Heart (2nd encore)

Will post more when they put the official Wallingford show info. thread up on the main page - but damn, all my concerns that stemmed from reading what other people had to say since the Columbus show were evaporated by last night's performance. They straight-up rocked. Very few minor flaws - very solid show. Crowd ate it up. Scott commented at one point how he loved seeng all the smiling faces, because when we're happy, they're happy. HE also mentioned how it's true that their performances are that much better when they feed off the energy of the crowed - and this was a very appreciative crowd. Good good stuff.

Dean broke a guitar string during D&B, but covered nicely. Scott even sang the chorus of BB Baby high and it sounded great! Well the first chorus he sang in that weird way - but he nailed it the next 2 times. I didn't even mind the low singing on the 'Don't Stay' part of Coma. Awesome.

Good seats too - Section 103 Row M. Went with my brother and his brother-in-law - both of whom are a few years old than me so have also grown up with STP. THey had never seen them either, but agreed it was a great show. We all agreed Sin was one of the showstoppers of the evening.

GUys - Sin was balls-to-the-wall. They should really play it every time. SO powerful - probably the best song of the night, and that's saying A LOT - trust me. Silvergun kicked ass too. Loungefly rocked, so did LPS - I mean I really appreciated the rarities more - but it was ALL good. Don't miss STP.

Scott brought these 2 kids up for the last song - Trippin' - the older one looked 9 or 10, the younger one maybe 2 or 3 years younger. They helped Scott sing the chorus of Trippin'. Aboslutely awesome. Something those kids will never forget. Scott gave the mike to the older one to say something, and he just goes 'Hey.' The crowd cheers, and Robert goes "That was pretty much my first word onstage too ... 'Hey'". F'ing sweet.

Very collegial atmosphere. The guys are in love with each other - you can tell. All this about the money, opening for LEd Zep possibly - take it with a grain of salt, because no matter what other motivations come into play - it's clear these guys are loving this shit.

Goddamn. Can't wait for Holmdel NJ this Saturday!!!!

Wow man you sound like me after the cleveland show haha...I hear this has been the best show so far, which is awesome. I felt that cleveland was so much better after seeing them at ROTR...I might possibly see them in new jersey in august at this rate i pretty much need to go if each show is getting better and better!
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

stpwkdgrdn

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 02:41:57 AM »
I saw them 4 of the first 6 nights, and this was definitely the best performance.  It's unfortunate to read the reviews on the Holmdel show.  These guys tore it up 6 days prior

stpnj2008

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 06:13:52 PM »
This show was absolutely phenomenal. I was dead center about 9 rows off the stage, and nothing will ever top this show. It was my first time seeing STP, & it was incredible to finally hear all of the classics in a live setting. Every member was on the top of their game, and you could really see throughout the show how much they fed off of the crowd's energy. After seeing them 6 days later at PNC, and reading all the posts by die hards about this show, it really made me appreciate how lucky I was to be at this show.

detomaso

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 12:57:47 AM »
Quote from: "stpnj2008"
This show was absolutely phenomenal. I was dead center about 9 rows off the stage, and nothing will ever top this show. It was my first time seeing STP, & it was incredible to finally hear all of the classics in a live setting. Every member was on the top of their game, and you could really see throughout the show how much they fed off of the crowd's energy. After seeing them 6 days later at PNC, and reading all the posts by die hards about this show, it really made me appreciate how lucky I was to be at this show.

The next night 30 miles away at Mohegan Sun was very good too. I wonder if any of you at the Wallingford show went to both CT shows??? Sounds like your night was especially good.

(You heard Sin too, we missed it, darn it!)

cfest27

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 02:23:32 AM »
I am a huge STP fan, and I saw the Wallingford show.  Unbelievably, it was the 1st time I saw them, even though I have and constantly listen to all 5 of their albums, a bunch of their CD singles, and a bunch of acoustic versions & cover they have done.
All I can say is WOW. It was better than I imagined, they really blew me away. 2hrs of songs that pretty much the whole place knew the words to. I hope they put out a new album - I think there is plenty of fuel left in that tank.

stpnj2008

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 03:25:48 AM »
I've seen a few vids of the first couple songs. Does anyone have the later part of the set? I am looking for the performance of Sin in particular

Art School Boy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 07:47:02 PM »
yeah i cant find sin anywhere. can anyone help out.
i am smellin like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

cfest27

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 12:54:54 AM »
Wallingford show was incredible. I would love a boot of this!

Son Of Sam

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2008, 08:56:46 PM »
144 Stone Temple Pilots Chevrolet Theatre
Wallingford, Conn.
May 25, 2008
$148,419
3,816 /
1 /