October 01, 2024, 02:39:04 PM

Author Topic: 2008-07-19 - Cadott, WI - Chippewa Valley Music Festival  (Read 9460 times)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: 2008-07-19 - Cadott, WI - Chippewa Valley Music Festival
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 04:44:28 PM »
Just wondering, who were the other bands that played at the show? I saw Live and Goo Goo Dolls were on the bill. I was curious who else.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »
Plain White T's (surprisingly good)
Switchfoot - only played 3 or 4 songs and then got shut down by the weather

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 05:52:50 PM »
Big Bang Baby:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3134&hl=en

Sour Girl:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9740&hl=en

Vasoline:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1947&hl=en

I would have gotten more but the battery in my camera died early on.  Like I said, the show started off good, despite the crummy crowd, but got kinda strange as the night went on.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:55:37 PM by kretzl »

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 08:39:56 PM »
They were probably all pretty pissed off with the crowd/weather.  Robert seems to have the worst temper in the band so he probably decided not to go out for the group bow.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

kretzl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 08:56:47 PM »
For another perspective, here's RadioKaren's review from the official boards:

Here's my Rockfest story:
we had our RV in the corporate camping section which runs along the fence at the backstage area. we saw one STP bus pull in at around 10:30 (no way they would have made an 11 pm start even without the rain). We saw Robert, Eric and Dean (*sigh*) get off the bus and go into their dressing room. Dean came out right away and had a smoke. Then he went back in. A few minutes later he came back out again (this time he was shirtless...double sigh) to have another smoke. He was standing and talking with a pretty blonde girl. Then they walked around the building where we were standing and went into a full-on make out session. Hubby and I weren't too comfortable watching them so we tip-toed away.
Right after that, Scott's bus pulled up. We never saw him get off the bus.
I made a sign that said "STP--Thank You" for the show. We were going to have people sign it at our booth on radio-row but someone tried to steal it so I had to put it away.
The band took the stage with no introduction-- they just went into Big Empty.Scott didn't sound very good. He was a lot better at Summerfest on July 4th. He missed a LOT of words and was very hard to understand.
Hubby and I were in the 3rd row and we could see Dean and Robert talking to each other a lot. Robert didn't look happy at all! They seemed to be keeping a close eye on Scott.
I didn't think the crowd was bad. But we were in front with a lot of STP fans.
After the encore of Dead and Bloated...Robert kind of tossed his guitar to a tech and stormed off stage.
We waived our sign to Scott, Dean and Eric. Eric pointed to us and laughed. Scott stared at the sign for a long time with a weird smile on his face. I don't know if it was a 'wow that's such a cool sign' smile or a 'wow, you two are really pathetic' smile. But it was a smile nonetheless.
I have some pictures on my webpage including a picture of our sign. My camera SUCKS at taking pictures at night so they're not very good. Here's the link:
http://www.wlxr.com/karenspage2.html
I thought Scott sounded pretty wasted. I introduced the Wallflowers the next day and asked the production guy backstage what happened during the STP show and he said 'drugs'. I'm not stating anything for a fact..just repeating what the guy said.
Kretzl--where were your seats?

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 12:21:06 AM »
Damn that sucks to hear that. Hopefully the next show will be better. Thanks for sharing the videos and pics!
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 01:00:16 AM »
Yah on that big empty video on google scott sounded funny and not to mention messed up the lyrics.

I agree we all shouldn't jump to conclusions, I just hope everything is ok =
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

jwoodruff

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 03:54:49 AM »
Wow, this really worries me. When I saw that STP planned a 65-date tour list I was a little hesitant to say that they would survive as a band. I want nothing more than a new STP album next year, but with this little stunt by Robert and the "drugs" that were reportedly present backstage a new album may be a giant questionmark... unfortunately. :(

wittyscreenname

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 03:54:32 PM »
It was one show. Sorry, maybe i'm a blissful optimist but given that they had a run of 25 or 26 AMAZING shows between the bad one in New Jersy and this one  I'm not about to hop on the worry wagon just yet.

Could there be drugs involved...sure, to say no absolutely not would be plain ignorant.

BUT

it's second hand information. It discounts it slightly.

The last thing we need is another long drawn out discussion about whether or not Scott's using drugs again or whether or not the tour will be complete ect ect.

I've said it before but save that shit for when there's a string of really bad shows put together.

nat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2008, 03:55:37 PM »
I remain optimistic because it seems like they're still adding dates consistently.

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 07:36:52 PM »
Quote from: "wittyscreenname"
It was one show. Sorry, maybe i'm a blissful optimist but given that they had a run of 25 or 26 AMAZING shows between the bad one in New Jersy and this one  I'm not about to hop on the worry wagon just yet.

Could there be drugs involved...sure, to say no absolutely not would be plain ignorant.

BUT

it's second hand information. It discounts it slightly.

The last thing we need is another long drawn out discussion about whether or not Scott's using drugs again or whether or not the tour will be complete ect ect.

I've said it before but save that shit for when there's a string of really bad shows put together.

Wow..I don't see the problem of hearing people being worried. It's normal..it's diehard fans and some of the member's here favorite band. I wasn't at the show..so I coldn't say if he was high or not.  But there's nothing wrong with someone being concerned.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

wittyscreenname

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 07:50:15 AM »
Quote from: "Ivy"
Wow..I don't see the problem of hearing people being worried. It's normal..it's diehard fans and some of the member's here favorite band. I wasn't at the show..so I coldn't say if he was high or not.  But there's nothing wrong with someone being concerned.

theres nothing wrong with being concerned no...its the rampant pessimism that seems to trail being concerned thats just a downer is all i was trying to say.

P.S. I am a diehard fan and this is my favorite band ;)

kilter

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2008, 12:43:33 AM »
hey! I actually don't mind scott's singing on big bang baby at this concert! that's a first. :O

people are going to the shows looking for him to seem fucked up (subconsciously or not). and if dean and robert look displeased, or a show goes badly, its easy to assume it's because of scott. maybe it is. we just don't know.. but I agree it's depressing to just go off into pages of "uh oh, they're not going to make it!" and general hand wringing whenever the band has an off night.